General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

An invitation

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 23 Feb 2018 10:34

Following my recent confrontation with Mr Gatso I have been invited to attend a "Speed Awareness Course" . The course is doing its bit for congestion by starting at 9am ( too bad if you are not local ) but does end in time for lunch.

Payment in advance, no refunds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XATkBETOjE

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Feb 2018 11:03

If you accept the invitation, you may learn something new. If nothing else, you’ll be rubbing shoulders with people from different walks of life.

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 23 Feb 2018 11:37

I went on one a while back - the 9am start had me paranoid that I would get held up and be late (a no-no) so I avoided the city centre and went round the long way, and got there ridiculously early :-D. It was OK, a good mix of people and quite informative.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 23 Feb 2018 12:35

It is on an industrial estate miles from anywhere inc buses. So it means an overnight stay. Free coffee and biscuits whoo whoo.

I think I would just take the points but given the tenous state of brexit negotiations and my need to swap for a French licence before any points would expire I have decided not to give French bureaucrats any excuse for saying "non".

I have already learned not to turn off the irritating gizmos which advise about such things as driving style, undertaking cyclists bus lanes and speed traps.

Another time I might decide to fully apply Jag BigCat brakes. That would certainly wake up whoever was a behind with the usual max of 3 m safety space .....

So it goes rise of the machines.