General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

There isn't a way is there

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 7 Mar 2018 18:12

of deleting threads you've contributed to or added on one of the boards while leaving posts on another board( eg deleting the ones on general while leaving the ones on find ancestors) ?

I think I know the answer is 'no' lol.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Mar 2018 18:16

You have to delete each post individually, but I think the links still come up in ‘My Threads’. :-0

Rambling

Rambling Report 7 Mar 2018 18:36

Thanks +++DetEcTive+++ :-)

with 616 pages I'll pass on deleting posts one by one
:-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Mar 2018 18:49

Well, you could delete some of the threads you’ve started yourself. That’ll help to reduce you post number.
My Threads then in the text above the list, My Threads - Started.

Rambling

Rambling Report 7 Mar 2018 18:53

yes may do that :-)

David

David Report 7 Mar 2018 20:00

I have deleted comments / questions I have added to a thread when it it stopped and I wondered if I'd caused offence or embarrassment by the question.

If someone wants to delete an entire thread they have started, deleting the first post will do it.

Rambling

Rambling Report 7 Mar 2018 20:04

yes it does David, it's just unfortunate that I have been here so long there are 33.831 posts of mine if I want to delete them all lol. :-)

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 7 Mar 2018 20:23

Google picks up all the posts and keeps them forever unless they get a specific request not to. Even then they just de-inidex, the info remains.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 8 Mar 2018 03:54

The problem is that you cannot delete a thread started by someone else ..... you can only delete any posts that you made on that thread.

Kense

Kense Report 8 Mar 2018 09:07

You can, of course, suddenly find the opening posts of threads you have contributed to, to be offensive, and therefore be duty bound to report them. In this snowflake society it should be easy to justify removing any thread. :-)