General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trees

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Mar 2018 16:09

Hi all

can anyone tell me how you can add another tree to GR.

I have added my husbands side, but i want to add mine as well, but i don't want them joined.

any idea would be gratefully received.

thanks in advance

Gill

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Mar 2018 16:32

Gill, although there were plans at one time to be able to have more than a single tree, unfortunately it came to nothing. The site only allows you to have just the one.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 16 Mar 2018 17:28

the work around is to create another free gr account with a different email address. simples

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Mar 2018 18:04

Good point, Rollo.

If your current account allows you to search for records, use that for the research, download to your device then up to the free account 'Keepsafe'. Link them to the relevant ancestor.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 16 Mar 2018 18:33

As Rollo say, use the free membership .............

You can have as many free memberships in GR as you want, as long as each has a different email address.

Use Gmail, yahoo or any other such site that you trust.

Just keep careful track of which membership is linked to which email account and password!