General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

do you ever stop worrying

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 22 Mar 2018 19:30

My mum said to me when I was in my 40's 'you never stop worrying about your children even at your age'
I thought then that she must be wrong to worry about me at that age.
Well you were so right mum, bless you.

I am now in my 70's and our youngest is 40 this year.He has been going through a very hard time these last few years.
Just when things were looking a bit better 2 very 'good' friends who he has been friends and work colleagues with for 12 years have really stabbed him in the back.
The woman is on maternity leave and the guy has now left the firm.
Thankfully his boss believed him and not his 'friend'

Why are people like this.
I got to know this couple and really thought they were nice people.

Our son is devistated. He has never had much confidence and this has knocked him sideways.

I really feel like having a right go at these two but dont want to interfere.

He has his lovely little family around him but I still worry.

Oh the joys of being a parent. :-(

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 22 Mar 2018 19:55

Dear AnnMarie

Hello,

I am very sorry to hear this.

Thank goodness at least one of the two very poor excuses for humans has left.

The workplace seems to be a breeding ground for back-stabbing and exceptionally poor behaviour.

Worrying is part of the parent job description (sigh).

Could your son go on a confidence building course or assertiveness training?
This would help him.

In the meantime, just try and be there for him, that's all us parents can do.

Take very gentle care of yourself,
Lots of love
Elizabeth, EOS
xx

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 22 Mar 2018 20:07

Thank you Elizabeth.

Lovely kind words from you as usual.

I just felt I had to get it of my chest, so to speak.

I know theres nothing I can do except be there for him but it is so heartbreaking.

I also know there are a lot more terrible things going on in the world for people but I am finding it hard to comprehend why some people are so nasty.

Thank you again.

xxx

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 Mar 2018 20:11

No. one never stops worrying about children ............... my daughter will be 44 on Saturday, and I still worry!

She went through a bad time a few years ago, problems in her marriage. We live thousands of miles away, but I was in constant touch with her, and did my best to bolster her confidence.

Luckily they came through it and are really happy now, and her work is going well.

But I still make sure that I bolster her confidence.

That's really all you can do as mother ................ I couldn't go over there and slap her husband around, nor could I really put all the blame on him (or on her). That could have destroyed our relationship.

Just be there for your son, bolster his confidence, listen to him, give him whatever advice you can while being positive about everything

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 22 Mar 2018 20:18

Thank you Sylvia.
Its so hard sometimes for us mums (and dads too).xx