General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mobile

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 18 Apr 2018 19:25

I have had my mobile phone cut off. It is a pay as you go and I really have no need for it but like to hang on to it in case I do.

Because I have not made a call for at least one year, maybe two, they have cut it of because you are supposed to use it at least once a month.

Well, I have no reason to use it once a month!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Apr 2018 19:51

If you go into the service providers shop, they should be able to reactivate it. We've had to do that with the aged relatives phones.

In the future, its worth ringing your home phone but disconnecting once its rung a couple of times. Won't cost anything but will keep your mobile number 'active'.

Sharron

Sharron Report 18 Apr 2018 19:58

Didn't know before and, of course, I don't know how long it has been disconnected.

Thank you for telling me.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 18 Apr 2018 22:03

Mine's like that. I have to use it at least once every six months to keep it active. If I haven't used it, I do what DetEcTive said, but I have to answer the phone or it doesn't register as having been used.

I have had it about 4 years and so far have topped it up (£10) only once!!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 18 Apr 2018 23:36

I've got a pay as you go, but can rely on my agency (or the jobcentre) contacting me, or my daughter wanting me to babysit, at least once a month! :-D

Daughter prefers to text child sitting 'duties', rather than phone my landline, as she can't hear me sigh!! :-| :-| :-|

I wonder, sometimes, if I encouraged my children to be TOO honest :-S