General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

bessie forsey

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrew

Andrew Report 18 Apr 2018 20:10

hi ya all
when finding Bessie birth in chard in somerset I know the family moved to Nottingham when looking for her marriage there is one in 1905 in Nottingham but there are 2 possible spouses,
when you come across this problem how do you find out which one if either she did marry ??.
I have come across this before an still don't know which way to go ? any one on here got any tips?.
thanks
andy f

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 18 Apr 2018 20:34

You can usually tell by finding her on the 1911 census.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 Apr 2018 20:41

Look for the male on the next census to see the Christian of the wife

If both potential spouses have the same Christian name then look on the GRO site for any child born and reg and it will show mmn

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 18 Apr 2018 20:54

A tree on Ancestry says that she married Arthur James Murfet and had 7 children.

safc

safc Report 18 Apr 2018 20:54

????

1911 England, Wales & Scotland Census Transcription
13 Roberts St Windmill Lane, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England

Learn more
Print View image Add to tree
Household Members
First name(s) Last name Relationship Marital status Sex Age Birth year Birth place Occupation
Arthur James Murfet Head Married Male 36 1875 Notts Nottingham Book Keeper And Buyer
Transcription
Bessie Murfet Wife Married Female 33 1878 Devon Chard -
Transcription
Frederick Murfet Son - Male 5 1906 Notts Nottingham -
Transcription
Bessie Murfet Daughter - Female 4 1907 Notts Nottingham -
Transcription
Arthur James Murfet Son - Male 3 1908 Notts Nottingham -
Transcription
Elsie May Murfet Daughter - Female 1 1910 Notts Nottingham -

safc

safc Report 18 Apr 2018 20:59

Bessie Murfet on the 1939 Register

1939 Register Transcription

Murfet Household (2 People) 26 Roberts Street , Nottingham C.B., Nottinghamshire, England
Add to tree
View original image
Print
First name(s) Last name(s) DOB Sex Occupation Marital status Schedule Schedule Sub Number
Bessie Murfet 24 Feb 1878 Female House Wife Unpaid Married 13 2
Arthur J Murfet 01 Mar 1875 Male Second Hand Machinery Merchant Carpenter Married 13 1

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 18 Apr 2018 21:31

Of course, the ideal way is to buy the marriage certificate, using Bessie's name only :-D

£6 for a pdf sent by email from GRO

£9.25 incl p&p by mail from GRO

You can also look to see if the Parish Records are online anywhere, so that you could see a copy of the Parish Register

Andrew

Andrew Report 19 Apr 2018 20:35

thank you all for your help unfortunately I cant afford this as well as ancestry so have to choose one but the good folks on here usually come through for me when I get stuck even if do put message in wrong place , so many thanks again all very much appreciated. andy f :-P :-P

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 19 Apr 2018 23:56

???????

why the tongue out emoji????

Are you unhappy with what has been said???????

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 20 Apr 2018 09:59

£6.00 PDF downloads are only for birth and death certs. between qualifying years. Marriage certs. are still £9.25 which includes post for anywhere in the world.

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/PDF_most_customers_want_to_know.asp#PDF2

Andrew

Andrew Report 20 Apr 2018 12:11

am more than happy with replies has opened up quite a lot oops pressed wrong emoji :-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 20 Apr 2018 18:13

whew!!!

I thought we'd upset you, some how :-D

Andrew

Andrew Report 20 Apr 2018 20:04

hi ya
upset me yeah right lol could not of got as far as have without the help of the good peeps on here