General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Another step

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 4 May 2018 12:06

It was a very big deal for me to meet up with my friend from the past on Monday and I have not been very active since, well I did cook the meals but not much else.

This morning, however, I have sorted out part of the bedroom which I have been meaning to do since I don't know when. This involved my getting on the floor and, since I have problems with the Hoover anyway (I learnt to hide from it when my crazy mother was being forced to do some housework because I was only six and couldn't manage it!) and I am not going to attempt to carry it upstairs in case my back goes, I did all the carpet I could reach with my hand. That brought up nearly enough to make a new cat.

Maybe I should have made a loud buzzing noise while I was down there and pretended I was practising to sand the bathroom floor which has needed doing for even longer!

When I finally got up I gathered my washing, brought it downstairs, through the front room and into the washing machine where it is now going round.

No big deal maybe but I have had a block about that washing machine ever since I lost it, going from the front room to the kitchen has been difficult sometimes too.

Now, if I could just come to terms with the kettle, I would make myself a cup of tea.

David

David Report 4 May 2018 12:19

Don't do it all at once Sharron. Start with the cup of tea ;-) <3

Allan

Allan Report 4 May 2018 12:21

Small steps, Sharron, small steps :-)

Believe me, I do know.

Caroline

Caroline Report 4 May 2018 14:10

Blimey Sharron slow down you raising the bar too high, the rest of us can't keep up!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 May 2018 14:15

You will get there Sharron. :-) there is no rush.

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 5 May 2018 10:11

Same problem in lifting the vacuum! I now keep one of the rechargeable hand vacuums permanently available to take the odd but frequent debris off. Don't allow for each session to last very long, the instructions say a 10 minute run but often the filter needs unblocking after about 5!

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 6 May 2018 06:03

Small steps, Sharron, you do what you can when you can. If you find you can deal with the kettle fill up a thermos flask and you can have a second cuppa later on!

Don't put pressure on yourself, just go with whatever catches your attention at the time

Lizx

Sharron

Sharron Report 6 May 2018 16:14

Today, OH and I have tried moving the bookshelf to behind the sofa to see if it would work.

This meant that a load of stuff needed to be moved and a great many cobwebs destroyed and, while I had the bookshelf empty, I did it over with bees-wax and wire wool.

This has got to be the first time I have used wire wool or, indeed, furniture polish, since before Fred died I think.

So much to put back now, I think I might be behind the sofa with the book shelf!

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 6 May 2018 23:52

Another first, Sharron! Well done. I love using beeswax and wirewool, brings wood up a treat. Did you find anything exciting in the bookshelf?

Lizxx

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 May 2018 20:30

The books are back on the shelf now but there is still a huge amount of toot around the room.

So there is a very respectable looking half room with what looks like an en suite scrapyard.

RockyMountainShy

RockyMountainShy Report 7 May 2018 21:43

SHARRON - why are you working so hard????

and who would put a bookself behind something? unless you don't want to get the books off the lower self.

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 May 2018 22:17

You can't half hide a load of junk on a bookshelf behind a sofa.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 May 2018 23:54

..and 'those' books :-D :-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 May 2018 10:39

Magazines.