General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

You Have to Laugh

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 10 May 2018 10:58

On Tuesday the Federal Government handed down the Annual Budget with its much lauded $10.00 a week (on average) tax cuts, equal to about $520.00 a year :-D

Today, the State Government handed down its Annual Budget with increases in Utility charges and vehicle registration fees which amount to about $500.00 a year :-(

Any suggestions on how the extra $20.00 a year can be spent in Western Australia :-|

Dermot

Dermot Report 10 May 2018 11:23

Donate it to help with the British Royal Wedding expenses.

Allan

Allan Report 10 May 2018 11:29

My apologies, Dermot, I have edited my post so that it makes more sense, but your suggestion is a good one :-D :-D

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 10 May 2018 12:02

It sounds as though you have the same problem we do when we reach 80 and get an extra 25pence a week on our pensions!! :-) :-)

Allan

Allan Report 10 May 2018 12:11

Andysmum, I receive a UK pension but being in Oz I receive no increases whatsoever; although 25 pence equates, roughly, to 50 cents which could be spent on, well, nothing :-D :-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 12 May 2018 17:02

I cant believe that a government, actually gives something back to the public!!

Caroline

Caroline Report 12 May 2018 18:04

They giveth with one hand and they.......

Allan

Allan Report 12 May 2018 21:58

Well the Feds are giving the tax cut because there is to be a Federal Election within a year, probably before next May's budget :-D

The State increased taxes all-round as they got in last year with an overwhelming majority. The Labor party completely obliterated the Liberal/National Party which had been in power for a number of years and had been spending money as though it was going out of fashion.

Last year's State Budget (Labor) was also a shocker.

So, to cynically sum up, the Feds are giving back to the people because they are buying votes, the State doesn't have to so they are grabbing what they can :-0

I believe all eligible stone have been ordered to attend their nearest Blood Donation Centre ;-) :-D :-D