General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tune in my head

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 May 2018 13:17

Last night OH had a PRS job in a local British Legion and I went with him. The group was good, the music was excellent, 50s,60s,70s. We did enjoy it.

Now I have a song lodged in my head and it will not leave me. It is not one they played and I wish it was, I would consider myself lucky.

The tune that is banging about in my head and will not leave is 'Dear Lord and Father of Mankind'!

David

David Report 13 May 2018 13:40

I used to have one going round in my head,

Where you from ? Whose your Daddy ?

David

David Report 13 May 2018 14:27

Yours sounds like a hymn Sharron

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 May 2018 14:36

It is and I don't know where it came from. Generally, if I get a tune stuck, it will be Frost
the Snowman and that will usually be in August.

Have never had a hymn before.

David

David Report 13 May 2018 15:09

Is this it ?

https://youtu.be/faNij71hh7o

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 May 2018 15:11

Yes.

kandj

kandj Report 13 May 2018 15:15

A beautiful old traditional hymn Sharron. David thanks for the youtube link. Love it. xx

David

David Report 13 May 2018 15:17

Pleased to be of some assistance

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 May 2018 15:20

Lol, when I was a young teenager one of my Mum's friends got married and she had this as one of the wedding hymns. (she was a devout Baptist.)

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 May 2018 15:29

It is a lovely hymn, I am sure, but I do wish it would leave my head.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 May 2018 15:37

It was the second line (as a wedding hymn) that made us giggle 'Forgive our foolish ways'. Not one of my favourites I'm afraid.

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 May 2018 15:50

I had never really thought anything about it and I certainly didn't invite it in.

Wish it would go away and fill up somebody elses head.

David

David Report 13 May 2018 17:03

Amazing Grace was sung at our wedding. <3