General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Happy Mother's Day .........

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 13 May 2018 18:55

to those in all the countries of the world who are celebrating today, Sunday May 13th

I hope you are all having a wonderful day, and that you have heard from your children even if they are unable to be with you (as is my daughter).

It is a gorgeous day here, sunny, blue skies, warm.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 13 May 2018 20:24

Happy Mother's Day Sylvia. We celebrated in March over here in England, but my sister who lives in Florida always used to send our mam a card in May, so she thought having two special days was great.

On another point, can I just ask where your avatar photo was taken? It's just that we have an old photo of my father-in-law's first wife taken in the late 20's and the house looks very similar.

Kath. x

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 13 May 2018 20:33

Hi Kath .......

Thank you

that photo was taken against the side wall of the garage in the back yard of my grandparents Victorian terrace house in Oldham, Lancashire

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 13 May 2018 21:21

The photo we have was taken in Kent but the photo looks very similar indeed.

Kath. x

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 14 May 2018 03:39

Hope all our Mums everywhere had a lovely day!

Lizx