General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Really strange lightning

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 26 May 2018 23:46

Daughter has just called me to watch out of the window.
We have never seen anything like the lightning going on out there.. It's as if someone is constantly turning a light on and off with barely a gap between flashes and no thunder at all.
A very odd sight.

Dermot

Dermot Report 27 May 2018 07:52

Post-Referendum Ireland celebrating? ;-)

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 27 May 2018 14:28

Not sure where the storm came from, but all the cars locally have dried with sand / dust spots all over them.

From here, near Channel coast, the light was to the north west and it would seem that the storm was quite wide spread.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 27 May 2018 21:04

Such strange weather, but it causes heartache for those affected, like one family whose house burned down after being struck by lightening, they were away on holiday. Also people in flash floods, and those whose trips abroad for weddings, cruises etc have been affected.

My son has hopefully arrived back to Luton airport from Vilnius where he was on a friend's stag do since Thursday, the home flight was delayed but I don't know why.

Lizx