General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

subscription help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deadman

Deadman Report 9 Jun 2018 03:08

I can't find a contact for company to discuss anything, so I am puting this here for anybody's opinion;

You currently have a 1 month Platinum subscription free trial
Your free trial began on the 29th May 2018
Your free trial will end at midnight on the 12th June 2018

Payment of £19.95 will be taken on 12th June 2018 unless you cancel your free trial

Is this supposed to be a 1 months trial or is the 1 Month the actual subscription and new users get a free trial of the 1 Month :-S

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Jun 2018 05:27

It's £19.95 per month if you pay on a monthly basis or the equivalent of £ 6.67 per month if you pay for it annually

So you must have taken a free 1 month trial which you can cancel before the end of the month or they will continue your subs on a monthly basis at £19.95 a month

Go to account which is one of the headings above the boards and untick auto renew

They should then send you an email saying your free trial is up and offering the different subscription rates that you can select

Deadman

Deadman Report 9 Jun 2018 07:23

Thanks, I understand that part, my initial enquiry was, the way the above is writtern, it suggests that you get 1 months free trial of the Platinum collection but in fact, its a trial version(Which appears to be 14 days) of the Monthly plantinum subscription. :-(

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Jun 2018 08:03

Ahh yes I see that now

It was early and my brain didn't register the dates

Seems like it's a two week free trial then will be a monthly sub if it's not cancelled before the trial runs out

I am a long time standard member but at one time I was a volunteer when they started a who do think you are trial
They upgraded me to platinum so I could do the searches with the reassurance I could revert back no problem when my next subs was due

What a palaver that was . They wanted to renew as platinum then when confronted they agreed to put me back to standard then wanted to charge me the new rates at the time

No way Jose I qualify as a long term member at the old rate . They did eventually sort it out

I Wouldn't alter my subs at all after that fiasco

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 9 Jun 2018 10:00

Pointless taking the Platinum sub out as there are loads of us on GC/GR that have subs to Ancestry and FMP.

And what GR are asking for in Subs for platinum is the same I pay for Worldwide Ancestry.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 9 Jun 2018 21:52

What it means is that you are on a free trial but if you do not cancel before midnight on 12th June, they will take the sub retroactively from the credit card that you gave them

In other words, the free trial is only free if you cancel BEFORE the end of the month.

It's the same on all the genealogy sites ........... FMP, ancestry, etc

The advice we used to give to people was to take out the 2 week or 1 month free trail to see if the site suited you, or to get the information you wanted, but then to be sure to send an email cancelling the trial at least 3 days BEFORE the last date so that the company got it in time.

Allan

Allan Report 9 Jun 2018 21:57

So we now have two Allans. That could be confusing in the future :-D :-D :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 9 Jun 2018 22:02

Wonder where this Allan lives we could have Allan down under and Allan up top :-D :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 9 Jun 2018 22:16

It's all a matter of perception. To those of us in the Southern Hemisphere, we are on top :-P :-D :-D

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 9 Jun 2018 22:25

Alan if that is you that lives in the Southern Hemisphere Then most of us know it to be called
**Down Under**

But what are you under ?

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D <3 :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D <3 <3

Allan

Allan Report 9 Jun 2018 22:27

The weather!

Which is much better than being six foot under :-D :-D

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 9 Jun 2018 22:30

Oh right.So happy that you ain't 6ft under we need you here to cheer us all up. :-D :-D :-D :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 9 Jun 2018 22:47

Underappreciated we've discussed this on another thread :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 9 Jun 2018 22:52

Shh! Don't mention other threads...the rr'r is lurking :-D :-D

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 9 Jun 2018 22:54

But this threads won't get like the other one as I certainly won't let it... :-D :-D :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 9 Jun 2018 23:00

:-D :-D :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 10 Jun 2018 00:09

Oh thems fighting words from our Sue....question......if I may be so bold without offending.....how will you police it then Sue? :-D :-D

Poor Allan from the unknown started a nice little thread and looked what happened to it :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 10 Jun 2018 01:28

His evil twin hijacked it ;-) :-D :-D :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 10 Jun 2018 11:31

Poor Allan not only having an evil twin but one with the same name....in this case I really blame the parents :-D

Allan

Allan Report 10 Jun 2018 12:38

I note a name change :-S

I do sincerely hope that Allan Has not ben offended by any of my posts!

Allan is a great name