General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

warning for those with children

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Jun 2018 12:54

warning to parents and grandparents. I have just seen on FB a photo of a badly scalded little boy. The fire brigade have issued a warning re playing with children with a hose. If the hose has been left laying in the sun the water inside it can reach a temperature which can badly scald a child. Horrible to see that photo when he would have been playing one minute and in agony the next.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 29 Jun 2018 12:59

A timely warning Ann. It might be common sense to think that the water in the hose might get hot but I don't think it would have crossed my mind when my children were young.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Jun 2018 15:13

Nor me Vera.

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 29 Jun 2018 17:53

Thanks for the warning Ann, I wouldn't have thought it through either. Bet it doesn't take long for the water to get hot. So what was fine before lunch and a rest might be dangerous afterwards.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 30 Jun 2018 01:36

I have seen those warnings and must admit it hadn't occurred to me that the water would get hot.

Having known a little boy who was scalded on his upper arms and chest many years ago, I remember how he had to wear special garments for a very long time to encourage healthy growth of new skin with as little scarring as possible. I hope people take heed of the warning.

Lizx

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 1 Jul 2018 15:49

There have just been reports of a child being killed locally after an 'inflatable trampoline' exploded due to the heat, throwing her 20 feet into the air.

I always thought the plastic might get hot but never thought of anything else :-(

Poor little mite, what an awful thing to happen on a happy day out to the beach :-( :-(

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 2 Jul 2018 10:58

It was a Bouncy Castle that exploded - the air in it will have expanded in the heat presumably they do not have safety valves ?

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 3 Jul 2018 04:22

She was such a beautiful little girl, her family must be devastated. There are many places with these trampoline/bouncy cushions set into the beaches, I have seen those ones at Gorleston. You would never expect such a tragic accident to happen.

All those children that have played on them over the years in varying temperatures were safe, how terrible that this one occasion things went so badly wrong.

Rest in peace, sweetheart

Lizx

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 3 Jul 2018 21:29

It would seem the inflatable trampolines are different to the bouncy castles that are more commonly seen, in that they are sealed.

The one involved in this tragedy has now been found to have rips in it, which possibly occurred when it exploded.