General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ikea

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 19 Jul 2018 14:39

Back on the 14 May I ordered a new kitchen at ikea,s Southampton branch. Was told by the sales girl that for £40 we could have a home visit to check that what we ordered would fit, ok we were happy with that, the visit would be "soon". we waited 2 weeks nothing. I emailed them asking "when is soon". They sent me drawings of my to be kitchen which where not what we ordered & somebody else,s papers. I have phoned twice..... home visit "soon" & "I get back to you they say..... nothing...…I send emailed no replys. This Tue., an email from them...…..THEY WILL GET BACK TO ME. Today THUR 19 JULY. NOTHING

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 19 Jul 2018 14:45

Are they on Facebook as they hate bad media coverage?

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 19 Jul 2018 14:54

Frankly I would pull the plug now, with those large companies once it goes wrong they seem incapable of getting it right, the buck stops with no one it just gets passed.
I frequent a lot of trade sites and as a rule IKEA stuff tends to get the thumbs down from the kitchen fitters.
They can be handy for odd sized units like their beds and futons used to be( don't know if they have changed take standard size mattresses or linen these days) be careful about pipes passing behind the units too they don't have as much space as standard ones. ;-)

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 19 Jul 2018 15:07

Thanks for your comment,s good job I didn't pay a deposit. If I don't hear from them soon they can stick there kitchens where the sun don't shine.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Jul 2018 15:38

Don't think I would trust them to install anything after being made to wait so long

Seems they can't organise anything
Was tempted to do the brewery comment

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 19 Jul 2018 15:46

I would have gone for the brothel comment myself Shirley! :-D :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 21 Jul 2018 06:47

Don't go to Wren Kitchens, who advertise on tv. My friend used them because her neighbour said she was satisfied with their work. My friend had to get legal help to get them to put right all the errors their subcontractors made. She is still not happy with the result and they weren't cheap!.

Lizx

Tiamo

Tiamo Report 21 Jul 2018 11:27

My daughter bought an Ikea kitchen a couple of years ago and must admit it is beautiful now everything is resolved.
She is more than pleased with it. However, the sizes are not compatible with English sizes so you do have to purchase their ovens, sinks etc.

Having said that the admin and customer service side of matters was an absolute nightmare but being a solicitor she is quite savvy and we ended up ‘squatting’ in the store until we spoke to a manager. They sent for a guy who was off duty and at home. .
She ended up with £200 ‘s worth of vouchers which were actually very useful.

All in all, we wouldn’t go down that road again.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 21 Jul 2018 12:23

If you don't hear by Monday send an email - as you can't be bothered neither can I so I'll go where they want my custom. :-D

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 21 Jul 2018 17:50

Just had a reply, Sat.pm, as you can guess " sorry & all that crap" Southampton will be intouch in a few days..... I THINK I HAVE HEARD THAT BEFORE FROM THEM. Time will tell. Tiamo...I have heard about WREN.

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 8 Aug 2018 17:44

To bring you up to date. Ilea did email back with all that sorry crap & we will sort it out. Did they ? no. Had a phone call last thur 2nd. to say the fitters now aren't fitting kitchens any more, but a new fitters can fit time sometime in Oct or I can find my own fitters. I said yes, the man then said I will phone you tomorrow to make the arrangements. Guess what ?????? NO PHONE CALL... Have now ordered the kitchen from WICKES

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 9 Aug 2018 13:34

WICKES have been on BBC Watchdog along with some very dissatisifed customers so best of luck with that.
http://whatconsumer.co.uk/forum/threads/bbc-watchdog-can-you-rely-on-wickes-diy.14700/

The problem with all these cool looking kitchens from chain home improvement stores is that they are mostly based on MFI cores and pattern fixings. There is no way they are going to stay looking clean n cool for years and years - 5 years in an active family env. would be good yet many claim a 15 year life. By and large after about 3 years service and spares dry up.

The cost of getting it done properly is, as usual, more expensive than the chains but it should really last and not look scruffy after a few years.