General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

adding to family tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

theresa

theresa Report 22 Aug 2018 11:46

Can anyone please help how do I add second marriage to my tree I've done it before but my minds gone blank. Many Thanks

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 22 Aug 2018 12:55

Just click on 'add spouse', put in details. Don't forget that the spouses appear in age order, so if spouse 2 in the older, they will appear before spouse 1. If you want to alter this, change the DOB and make a note on the record.

theresa

theresa Report 22 Aug 2018 16:21

Ive tried that a few times bur when I look at my FT they are not attached to the family I must be doing something wrong .

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 22 Aug 2018 16:24

Don't forget to scroll down to the bottom and click "save". :-)

theresa

theresa Report 22 Aug 2018 16:35

Yes I did that no luck. thanks anyway

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 Aug 2018 17:58

Close the My tree window, wait a bit, then open it again. It might have sorted itself out by then.

I think GR has a bit of a time lag in some areas.

theresa

theresa Report 23 Aug 2018 17:38

I've tried closing down but theres still two lots of husbands and wives with one set not attached to my tree. thank you all for trying to help

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 23 Aug 2018 22:18

If it's still not right in a day or so, you could try deleting and putting back, that sometimes helps.