General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The diffrence if you Marry a Teesside Lass

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 24 Aug 2018 23:11

...The first man married a woman from Essex. He told her that she was to do the dishes and house cleaning. It took a couple of days, but on the third day, he came home to see a clean house and dishes washed and put away
The second man married a woman from Sussex. He gave his wife orders that she was to do all the cleaning, dishes and the cooking. The first day he didn't see any results, but the next day he saw it was better. By the third day, he saw his house was clean, the dishes were done and there was a huge dinner on the table
The third man married a lass from Teesside. He ordered her to keep the house cleaned, dishes washed, lawn mowed, laundry washed, and hot meals on the table for every meal. He said the first day he didn't see anything, the second day he didn't see anything but by the third day, some of the swelling had gone down and he could see a little out of his left eye, and his arm was healed enough that he could fix himself a sandwich and load the dishwasher.
He still has some difficulty when he pees though :-D :-D :-D

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 24 Aug 2018 23:34

:-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 24 Aug 2018 23:44

:-D :-D :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 24 Aug 2018 23:44

:-D :-D

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 25 Aug 2018 00:13

Being a lass from Teesside myself I think that's just about right :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 25 Aug 2018 00:50

:-D :-D :-D You cant beat a Boro Kiss and a left hook :-D :-D :-D

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 25 Aug 2018 06:00

:-D :-D :-D now that's my kinda lass :-D

Fly

Fly Report 25 Aug 2018 06:56

:-D :-D :-D

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 25 Aug 2018 10:04

:-D :-D

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 25 Aug 2018 11:13

My mum was a Teeside lass,Port Clarence -born 1904 and life was tough,one of 6 children only 2 girls survived to adulthood,and they lived into their 80s!

She was a very fiesty lady,and once hit my dad with an umbrella because he would not argue with her :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 25 Aug 2018 11:18

Thats just over the river Elizabeth

A rough area had many hardships over the years

But a true strong family community

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 25 Aug 2018 13:49

:-D :-D :-D :-D

You'll have to give me a few lessons Joy! ;-)

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 25 Aug 2018 20:18

Talking of Sunderland lasses, (see my previous post on the subject), I think my mate had ideas about fitting me up with one of his sisters. Apart from the fact that she was, how can I put this, no oil painting?, she worked as a fish filleter, and no matter how much she scrubbed, couldn't get rid of the stink of fish. Nice girl though.