General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Diana, Princess of Wales, 31 Aug 1997

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 31 Aug 2018 19:31

Dear All

On this day, Diana, Princess of Wales passed away following a car accident.

May she rest in peace.

Love Elizabeth, EOS
xx

Caroline

Caroline Report 31 Aug 2018 20:00

Remember the day well we'd just returned from a trip to the UK that day.

Barbra

Barbra Report 31 Aug 2018 21:15

Remember it very well.we were on holiday heard a crash woke me up thought it was on the country Rd near us put TV on & there was the sad awful news unfolding .A beautifull Lady taken.away from her boys she would be very proud I am sure of the lives they.have now God Bless her <3

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 31 Aug 2018 21:30

we were on an anniversary break to my Sil's in Wales, we were preparing to come home that morning, it was on the news...

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 31 Aug 2018 22:32

I had a night out with the girls on the Saturday night so was feeling a little 'delicate' on the Sunday morning.

My son aged 11 came into the kitchen and I suggested he went to watch TV (anything for a bit of peace and quiet :-( ) and he said "There is nothing on except about Diana dying and sad music".......

I switched on the radio and couldn't believe what I was hearing :-(

What really hit me was going into Sainsburys for shopping on the Monday and it was almost surreal, no one talking but a lot of tears and people giving comfort to others by a hug or hand squeeze......The British at their best?

Chris

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 31 Aug 2018 23:23

RIP Beautiful Lady
Sadly missed by the world XX

I was at a garage at Beadale when the news came on the Radio :-( :-(

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 1 Sep 2018 06:05

My son rang me to ask if I had heard the sad news, I put the tv on to learn more. I was heartbroken for her and her boys. I went out for a walk by the river but made sure I was home again to watch her 'come home'.

I am sure she is watching over her boys and her grandchildren with love and pride.

Lizxx

Florence61

Florence61 Report 1 Sep 2018 09:59

I remembering switiching on the TV for my son who had just turned 2 and my second child was due 17 Sep.I simply couldn't believe what I was hearing. Such tragic news.

She simply can never be replaced. She was the peoples princess and so sadly missed

RIP Diana <3

Mersey

Mersey Report 1 Sep 2018 10:16

<3 <3 <3 A beautiful lady and a wonderful Mum ...hear of gold <3 <3

Gone but never ever forgotten <3 <3

Bunnyboo

Bunnyboo Report 1 Sep 2018 10:23

Sorry, she did nothing for me. A deeply flawed, manipulative young woman who played public opinion like a finely tuned fiddle. For me she was 'Sly Di !'

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 1 Sep 2018 10:51

The anniversary of Diana's death holds a special significance for me as my brother died 21 years ago today. I remember visiting him in hospital on the 31st and him saying how shocked he was that Diana had died and that she had died so young not knowing then that the same would be said about him 24 hours later <3 <3. lronically the hospital he as in was called The Princess of Wales <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 1 Sep 2018 20:03

How sad for you, Londonbelle.

If Diana was sly it was taught to her by Charles.

Liz

Florence61

Florence61 Report 1 Sep 2018 20:38

Aw London belle <3

Im sure wherever they are now ,they are no longer suffering or in pain.
Gone, but we have our memories of those we love forever and they will never be forgotten

Florence in the hebrides <3

Bunnyboo

Bunnyboo Report 1 Sep 2018 20:50

Don't think so! Not as saintly as she would have had us believe!

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 1 Sep 2018 21:12

Dear All

Thank you for the replies.

LondonBelle <3

Love Elizabeth, EOS
xx

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Sep 2018 11:28

Although not with quite as strong an emotion, my feelings are similar to Magpie's.

Of course it's sad when any person dies leaving behind young children, but why the 'outpouring of public grief'? 98% of those 'grieving' wouldn't even have met her, let alone been her friend.

When told by one of the children, my initial assumption was that she'd committed suicide, not been involved in a car crash.

Barbra

Barbra Report 2 Sep 2018 13:04

Its sad when a person dies in tragic circumstances .Diana was in the limelight Married to Prince Charles .if we believe the press he was with Camilla the night before his wedding, .No wonder there was an out pouring of grief she was not able to form a relationship with Charles due to a person we all know , The public loved her .they both were wrong in having affairs but come on she must have been lonely .let her rest in peace a Beautiful Woman Mum to two Boys what a wonderful granny she would have been it was not to be, such an awful shame to die so young RIP <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 2 Sep 2018 20:06

Well said, Barbra

Lizx

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 4 Sep 2018 00:26

Barbra your so right

Diana was Used abused and cast aside :-( :-( :-(