General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sophisticated Supper

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 5 Sep 2018 21:51

I was a bit peckish so I am having a tin of cold haricot beans with salt and pepper and salad cream.

Yum,yum,yum.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 5 Sep 2018 21:54

That's ummm different! Hope you enjoyed :-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 5 Sep 2018 22:13

Oh,yes. Always do.

Allan

Allan Report 5 Sep 2018 22:31

I can eat a cold baked beans straight from the tin, but never thought of using salad cream :-S

Sharron

Sharron Report 5 Sep 2018 22:37

I always have tins of butter beans, haricots and cannellini beans in the cupboard as well as my favourites, black eyes, but rarely eat baked beans unless I have made them.

Don't know why, I have nothing against baked beans.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Sep 2018 22:41

...so it could be a windy night.... :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 5 Sep 2018 22:42

I am a vegetarian, There is never a draught free night!

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 5 Sep 2018 23:08

Have you tried the tins of Five beans, Sharron? Much tastier and more filling than basic beans.

Lizxx

Sharron

Sharron Report 5 Sep 2018 23:33

The five bean salad? There are some in the cupboard.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Sep 2018 23:49

..could this be a second supper? :-S

The wind, Esmeralda, the wind............

Sharron

Sharron Report 6 Sep 2018 00:15

No, the last one was enough!

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 6 Sep 2018 00:18

Heathcliff....let me in...

Caroline

Caroline Report 6 Sep 2018 00:52

Thought it was a thunderstorm coming in but it's Sharron and her beans making it windy it seems :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 6 Sep 2018 03:14

No, Sharron, these are baked beans in tomato sauce, but a mixture of beans. There is a branded version but I think it's Tesco or Sainsbury who do their own version.

Lizxx

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 6 Sep 2018 12:02

All beans are great in home made tomato sauce. Gently fry onions, celery and a little garlic, if you like it. When soft, add a tin of tomatoes and cook for about 15 minutes until sauce is thickish. Just add your choice of beans. Salt and pepper to taste.

Sharron

Sharron Report 6 Sep 2018 13:04

I can't do a little garlic, it is always a dirty great dollop! We have served baked beans at the village lunch a couple of times, made in the slow cooker, and they have all gone.

One woman told me she had seen them on her plate and thought she would not like them but she tried one and was not sure so she tried another and realized she had been completely wrong.

I have never tried the mixed beans in tomato sauce. Have absolutely nothing against baked beans from tins, just don't have a lot of use for them although I might put a tin in a shepherds pie sometimes.