General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My New Blueberry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 6 Sep 2018 18:43

I have a lovely large new blueberry in a pot.

My mate lives in Midhurst and has had this blueberry thriving in her back garden. She has, however, downsized and moved about as far as twice the length of my back garden.

In that little space, her garden soil has changed from ericaceous to sandy and the plant just doesn't want to know.

So, now, for the outlay of a bag of ericaceous compost for my pot, I have a lovely blueberry plant.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 6 Sep 2018 21:15

Lovely! :-D :-D :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 6 Sep 2018 22:17

I have a spindly one in the greenhouse, it was reduced in Morrisons. I must pot it up before winter but will keep it in the greenhouse till it grows more.

Hope yours thrives, Sharron

Lizx

Annx

Annx Report 7 Sep 2018 14:25

I hope it does well Sharron! I love Blueberries! When I was a little girl in Staffordshire, their smaller relative Bilberry bushes grew wild and mum and I would pick them. Mum made delicious Bilberry pies with them.......I can taste them now....yum, yum!! :-)