General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

You know how

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Sep 2018 21:40

Things happen on a regular basis, and you sort of just accept them?
Well, I realised that Betty (cat) comes over and meows in a certain way, for a brush every time I finish talking on the phone.
Tonight, as an experiment, instead of saying 'bye' to my sister, I said 'adios'.

Betty was on the floor, washing her 'ahem', when I put the phone down.
At the 'click' of the button, she raised her head - and looked a little confused.
After about a minute of staring confusedly around, she came over to me, and just stood there.
I phoned my sister, and told her what had happened - and said 'bye' to her, at which point, Betty looked up at me and gave her 'brush' meow!! :-D :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 7 Sep 2018 22:46

A creature of habit, obviously lol

Lizx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Sep 2018 23:11

....and, it appears, control! :-S

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Sep 2018 23:53

They know how to train you alright.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 8 Sep 2018 00:37

cats control!!

Caroline

Caroline Report 8 Sep 2018 01:09

Cats have servants :-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 Sep 2018 08:45

It's definitely the word 'bye' followed by the click that is the trigger.
I explained to my sister what I was doing, but didn't want to actually say the word.
It's certainly come to something ridiculous when you have to spell out a word so the CAT doesn't understand you! :-S :-S

Florence61

Florence61 Report 8 Sep 2018 12:26

:-D :-D :-D