General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Fred Threads

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 27 Sep 2018 10:18

A couple of people have mentioned that they found some of the threads about Fred to be quite amusing and I wondered if you would like me to bring a few up again sometimes.

Allan

Allan Report 27 Sep 2018 12:11

Yes please, Sharron :-)

They could also form the structure for a book with out much of a change, a series of short tales, as it were, a bit like James Herriot's books

Sharron

Sharron Report 27 Sep 2018 12:18

Oh yes, the book!

Did I ever express any desire at all or even show any ability to write this book you are all eagerly expecting?

I can turn out a little article every month for the village magazine but I can't get my medieval stuff into any sort of order so the chances of this book ever coming together are very slim indeed.

I can dig you up a Fred though.

Allan

Allan Report 27 Sep 2018 12:21

Fair enough, you didn't, Sharron :-(

Dig us up a Fred as a substitute then :-)

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 27 Sep 2018 12:32

Look forward to it Sharron :-)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 27 Sep 2018 13:07

Ooooooooooooo yes please Sharron, I am waiting with bated breath, I loved them :-D :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 27 Sep 2018 13:14

Yes please I never read the originals before I was on here so I'd love to hear some of the tales of old....

Edit...oh hang on it seems I did see one at least I totally forgot...