General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WW1 film.....Amazing.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 11 Oct 2018 16:07

WW1 footage transformed into colour
Silent film footage from World War One is painstakingly restored by Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/entertainment-arts-45803977/peter-jackson-world-war-one-footage-brought-to-life-by-lord-of-the-rings-director

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 11 Oct 2018 16:41

That is so well put together and somehow brings to life the men who went to war as real people

Very poignant too for families who would lose their loved one

I was a kiddy in WW2 and remember the bombings in London and the fear that a bomb would drop on our t house or of my aunts and uncles and cousins

My fear when my mum went bomb watching and dad was at work in the woolwich Arsenal that they would get killed by a bomb

Fear never leaves you ,neither the memories of what triggered the fear

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 Oct 2018 16:45

<3 <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Oct 2018 17:05

Very cleverly done, to get all that film into colour and reproduced a well.

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 12 Oct 2018 19:26

Aw lovely Mr M <3