General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Publicans License

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tawny

Tawny Report 20 Oct 2018 21:58

I got home from work today to find my personal license holder certificate had arrived in the post from the SQA. Effectively a publicans license so that’s me covered for five years though for what I don’t know as I don’t sell or serve alcohol in my line of work.

Allan

Allan Report 20 Oct 2018 22:12

Congratulations anyway, Tawny :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 20 Oct 2018 23:11

Maybe a guide to a new career, Tawny?

Lizxx

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Oct 2018 23:20

Set up a still.

Tawny

Tawny Report 21 Oct 2018 07:37

Thank you Allan :-) It’s always handy to have something like this under your belt I guess as it keeps options open.

Caroline

Caroline Report 21 Oct 2018 11:18

That's weird isn't it....without asking for your real name is it likely someone else locally has the same name?...but that doesn't explain the address. Fraud??

Tawny

Tawny Report 21 Oct 2018 13:04

I sat the course. My father in law runs a training company and was getting audited by the SQA but he waited so long on getting a date that by the time it came in he only had one person who needed to sit the course. However he cannot run the course for one person so I agreed to sit the course as well.

Caroline

Caroline Report 21 Oct 2018 13:17

Ahh...my mistake misunderstood the OP! :-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Oct 2018 15:08

For reasons I am sure he understands but I certainly don't, for some years, OH was a member of the Institute of Innkeepers.

But, then again, I have some quite silly ones as well!