General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WW1 Video

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

N17

N17 Report 23 Oct 2018 22:42

Hi all I am hoping I could find out if it would be ok to share a video on here on Remembrance Sunday. It is a short six minute film paying tribute to the brothers of my wife's grandfather who were lost in WW1. I will respect any decision

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Oct 2018 23:02

Contact GR direct via
[email protected]

I'm not sure if this internet site is capable of supporting a film. They might suggest you or they upload it to their facebook page.

A different idea would be to upload it to Youtube then add the link to one of your threads. It may not get quite the number of views you might like, but at least its 'out there' & accessible to all.

Caroline

Caroline Report 24 Oct 2018 03:11

Whatever happens please let us know where it's posted so we can see it.

Bunnyboo

Bunnyboo Report 24 Oct 2018 12:00

What an excellent idea. I would be very interested to see this video as OH's grandfather was killed in Nov 1918 (we have his deadmans penny) and my second cousin was killed in 1915 aged 20. His body was never found and he is remembered on the Menin Gate. My grandfather was in the light infantry and fought in France from 1915-18, survived but shell shocked and suffered from gas poisoning, dying as a result at the early age of 56.

N17

N17 Report 4 Nov 2018 17:23

It will be published on YouTube first by my name Popeye1975 and shared on Facebook on November 11 under my real name, Steve Hale. Hope you can get to watch it

Bunnyboo

Bunnyboo Report 4 Nov 2018 17:28

Thank you for that info N17. I shall certainly view that with great interest.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 4 Nov 2018 17:59

Thank you.