General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with signing into BBC I player

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maureen

Maureen Report 1 Dec 2018 21:53

Not used BBC I Player for a while, message says I have to sign in using the code shown on TV. The message on TV screen is over to the left side and some of the words including the first 2 letters of code cant be seen any idea how in can move the words to show code in full. Looked on the BBC iPlayer site but doesn't give any help if code cant be seen.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 1 Dec 2018 23:02

You can also sign in with an email address.
that sign in can then be used anywhere with any device.

Maureen

Maureen Report 1 Dec 2018 23:26

Thanks I will try that.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 2 Dec 2018 06:01

It sounds as if your TV screen is not centered ie its on stretch mode/wide screen or something similar.

If you Google 'TV Screen is not Centered' and include the make of the TV you should be able to find instructions to rectify this problem.

Hope this helps :-)

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 2 Dec 2018 21:32

I used to watch iplayer without signing in, and there was a bit you could choose called 'recently watched', where I easily found all my regular viewings. Now I have to sign in to watch, that bit has gone and I have to use the search function every time. A pain.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 2 Dec 2018 22:30

Try "My Programs"

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 3 Dec 2018 12:56

Thanks, I will next time.