General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Purchase credits

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

phil

phil Report 2 Dec 2018 18:24

Hi All not sure if this is just myself or not but im a little disappointed you need to purchase credits to use this site, isn't this what the subscription is for....??

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 2 Dec 2018 18:31

The subscription is to use the boards and put your tree on here plus to try and contact members who have may have some or one of your family in their tree

There are free sites you can use like freebmd for GRO records for births marriages and deaths so you can order a copy of a cert from the government site

www.gro.gov.uk

Only buy certs from them. Any other site will charge you more but get the cert from the GRO and pocket the difference

Family Search too is a free site

There are lots of members who have subs to other sites who are very willing to do look ups for census . Baptism , 1938 register etc

Don't buy credits on here it too expensive and info came be found elsewhere or for you

Kay????

Kay???? Report 2 Dec 2018 19:25

If you do buy any credits and view any images,,,,,,,,Save/download them to your PC or USB stick .because if you try and view at a later date,,,,,,,You wont be able to and will have to pay again to view an already pre-paid image.......

phil

phil Report 3 Dec 2018 21:20

Thanks for the info guys its much appreciated
:-D