General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Unsung

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 4 Dec 2018 22:16

I am watching the programme about Lockerbie and am not expecting to see any mention of one of the heroes of the disaster who has never yet any acknowledgement.

The only reason I was told about him was because I was quite good friends with some showmen at the time. He was a showman and I think I remember being told his name was John Crowe.

As it was winter, this man had all his tackle laid up and his lorries were untaxed but he noticed how dark the search scene was and obtained permission from the police to drive his generators to the scene to provide illumination because the rescue services had none of their own although they soon acquired some!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 5 Dec 2018 00:08

What a great guy!

A family member was in a Search and Rescue group in northern England that was called in the help.

I don't think he has ever forgotten being up there.

Caroline

Caroline Report 5 Dec 2018 15:33

I know someone who helped in an air crash recovery here many years ago, he still remembers the horror of it all.
What good fortune his lights were nearby in that time of need Sharron.

Sharron

Sharron Report 5 Dec 2018 16:30

When OH was in the RAF he was sent out to search after a plane had crashed. He found a helmet with a head in it.