General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Y'know when...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 12 Dec 2018 20:01

you get a card from the postie, saying there is a package to collect, and a fee to pay......

its pretty odds-on that there was a card not stamped with the correct postage.......

got one today.....

guess what

NO stamp at all!!!

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 12 Dec 2018 20:28

Hopefully an honest mistake by the sender. If not send one back without a stamp.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 13 Dec 2018 00:28

yeah,
it was my son's in laws!!!

LOL

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Dec 2018 07:10

Oh dear . It would be awkward to say "thanks for the card but can you put a stamp on next time " !!!!!

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 13 Dec 2018 19:04

Hi yah Bob, should give him a book of stamps for Christmas :-D

BrianW

BrianW Report 18 Dec 2018 08:16

In August we had to pick something up from the Royal Mail Distribution Centre we had a trainee assistance dog with us so used the lift to get to the counter on the first floor.
On the way the lift got stuck for nearly an hour and a half.

I thought we might get at least a letter of apology: but NOTHING.

Dermot

Dermot Report 18 Dec 2018 09:00

I had the privilege of working temporarily a few years ago in the Royal Mail sorting office for a month or so leading up to Christmas.

Awesome sight. Never again will I moan about delayed deliveries. They achieve miracles.

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 18 Dec 2018 10:29

A few years back my m-I-l posted cards with 1p stamps on, when she was told what she had done...…. NO, I put FIRST CLASS stamps on she said.

Barbra

Barbra Report 18 Dec 2018 11:01

Maybe in a rush :-) bless ;-) IT'S CHRISTMAS xx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 19 Dec 2018 03:58

I have had several cards with unfranked stamps but the bally posties keep scribbling over them with a pen.

Lizx

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 20 Dec 2018 23:07

nudge fer Ann in glos

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 21 Dec 2018 08:43

Thanks Bob. I bet the R mail rakes it in this time of year. Well not from me. I know who usually send cards and who I have heard from so I will see if I collect it. Luckily not expecting anything else.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 21 Dec 2018 15:30

I once had THE note, when I collected the item, was a set of minutes from a club I had belonged to......didn't want them really, but had to pay, to get the package, to find the sender....