General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wet hair

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 19 Dec 2018 11:24

So, when your dad wouldn't let you go out after you had washed your hair, for fear of catching something(or maybe it was just another ploy to stop you putting it about!), did he ever wonder why hairdressers never offered overnight accommodation?

Caroline

Caroline Report 19 Dec 2018 11:45

Because there's only so many hours you can talk about your holiday or drink cups of tea??

Kay????

Kay???? Report 19 Dec 2018 11:49

Never mind about hair washing time was ,you couldn't go out for at least an hour after a bath ,just to let your body cool down and dry out thoroughly. :-D :-D.

Did they ever think what happened after you had been swimming and walked home with dripping hair..

old wives tales. :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 19 Dec 2018 15:20

My mate only got married so she could go out after she had washed her hair.

Caroline

Caroline Report 19 Dec 2018 16:24

Good enough reason as any I suppose...

Annx

Annx Report 19 Dec 2018 17:43

:-D :-D Sharron. It was my mum that would complain I would catch a cold, or worse, my death if I went out with wet hair. I had a friend whose mother would insist she washed her hair if it got wet while she was out in the rain, or it would 'SMELL'. What was that all about?? :-S

Florence61

Florence61 Report 19 Dec 2018 21:15

Speaking of old wives tales, my nanna and my mum always said you couldn't wash your hair or have a bath during your period! the arguments we had about that one. laughable really as that's the very time one would want to be more hygienic.
Another family member told me of a neighbour that went to bed with wet hair and died during the night. I said she probably had underlying health problems like pneumonia but they inisisted she "caught her death" through her wet hair.

Just as well we are a bit more informed these days and wiser too. ;-)

Florence in the hebrides

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 20 Dec 2018 16:29

sorry but wet rain hair duse smell but only if it need a wash in the first place

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Dec 2018 16:49

It doesn't feel right when it has been rained on.

Annx

Annx Report 20 Dec 2018 17:36

True Sharron, mine used to kink a bit when I had long hair and a friend's used to go into a right frizz! I wonder why.

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 21 Dec 2018 15:42

Like the "don't have a bath or go swimming after food" myth.

There I was waiting at the handrail refusing to jump as the ship went down cursing that sandwich I had for lunch! ;-) ;-)