General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Amazon Echo dot

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 26 Dec 2018 13:09

Anyone got one? OH had one for Christmas and, although being quite competent at these things, is unable to work out how to get a play list onto it. If anyone has got one they will probably know.

Von

Von Report 26 Dec 2018 13:28

Have you already tried this Ann
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201379470

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 26 Dec 2018 13:31

I've just googled how to add a playlist to echo dot and there are several answers that have come up... hopefully one of them will help your OH :-)

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 26 Dec 2018 14:16

ask Alexa
:-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 26 Dec 2018 15:12

Thank you Rollo, so helpful.

Thanks Von & tinklebell I will pass that on to him.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 26 Dec 2018 15:17

aw Alexa will be disappointed in your lack of confidence in her

Create a Playlist

You can create playlists for your music from Amazon Music for Web or the Amazon Music apps for Desktop, iOS, Android and Fire tablet.
Create a Playlist

To create a playlist:

Go to My Playlists (Amazon Music for Web or PC/Mac) in the navigation sidebar or My Music (Amazon Music for Android/iOS/Fire tablet) in the Amazon Music menu.
Select the "+" or + Create New Playlist option.
Enter a name for your playlist and select Save.

Add Music to Your Playlists

To add songs and albums to your Amazon Music for Web or Desktop app playlists:

Open the More Options menu ("three vertical dots" icon) next to a song or album.
Select the Add to playlist option.
Choose the playlist you'd like to add your selection to.
Tip: You'll see a list of your Cloud playlists, as well as an option to Create New Playlist.

Sort Your Playlists

To sort your Amazon Music for Web or Desktop app playlists and change the playback order:

Go to My Playlists in the Amazon Music menu.
Select the playlist to edit.
Drag and drop the songs in the desired order.

To sort your Amazon Music for iOS/Android/Fire tablet app playlists and change the playback order:

Select My Music.
Select the playlist to edit.
Open the More Options menu ("three vertical dots" icon) next to a song or album.
Drag and drop the songs in the desired order.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 26 Dec 2018 15:54

Thanks Rollo I will pass that on.I knew you wouldn’t fail me.??

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 26 Dec 2018 17:02

What are these DOT things What do they do , what can you use them for? Seen them on tv but, I can't understand what they do.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 26 Dec 2018 17:15

Yes that did help Rollo but so far it is not helping if he can get a playlist on there if it is not on Amazon. But he will keep trying.

Tawny

Tawny Report 26 Dec 2018 21:51

Malcolm, Mr Owl and I pay about £5 a month for access to Amazon music and can now ask our dot to play a wide range of music. Our musical tastes are incredibly varied from opera, to classical, to country and rock and we’ve managed to get all genres. If we’re stuck for dinner ideas we can ask for ideas using a wide variety of ingredients, we can create a shopping list which we can check on our mobile phones when out and we can use it as a kitchen timer and set multiple timers at once.

My dad is really into his gadgets and so has an addition to his which allows him to turn his Christmas tree lights on and off without having to bend as he recently had his hip replaced.

Mr Owl’s gran is 87 and she loves hers and wouldn’t be without it. She uses her dog to play music she enjoys without having to bend for CDs or records.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 27 Dec 2018 09:13

How much is that doggy in the window
I do hope that doggy's for sale.
woof woof

Tawny

Tawny Report 27 Dec 2018 17:47

Correction Dot :-D