General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lurgied me

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 6 Jan 2019 12:16

OH is going to the cinema to see Andre Rieue (?) this afternoon and I have man-flu or, at least, a cold that is affecting my sleep and making me feel like warm dung.

Alone, with an otherwise empty bed, I think I will be inviting Maurice Beresford and, maybe, AF Salzman to join me.

David

David Report 6 Jan 2019 12:20

Rub your chest and throat with VICK Sharron and take a couple of Beechams Powders.
A swig of VENOS would help <3 <3

Florence61

Florence61 Report 6 Jan 2019 12:31

Depends just how handsome "Vick " is....lol

Hope you feel better soon

Florence in the hebrides :-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 6 Jan 2019 12:32

Florence - :-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 6 Jan 2019 12:32

I don't usually take or do anything for a cold, just let it run its course.

Caroline

Caroline Report 6 Jan 2019 12:38

Plenty of fluids and rest..

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Jan 2019 13:02

Do what you always do unless it turns into a chest infection, then don't ignore it. Plenty of liquids and sleep. Get well soon. <3

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 6 Jan 2019 18:19

Hope you get better soon, Sharron xx

OH came down with a fierce sore throat on Wednesday night ........ just hours after we arrived home from our Christmas trip to see the daughter. Must have been a bug on the train. Then he was a miserable so-and-so all day Thursday, I nearly hit him one at least twice :-D

He was better on Friday ............... but I developed the sore throat over Friday night, so little sleep. By yesterday it was on my chest and we were both coughing away, and I had little sleep last night.

I feel rotten!

David

David Report 6 Jan 2019 19:00

Gargling with salty water helps Sharron <3

Florence61

Florence61 Report 6 Jan 2019 21:52

And TCP really does do the trick

Florence in the hebrides

David

David Report 7 Jan 2019 09:09

Sharron, a good way to get rid of it is to pass it on <3

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Jan 2019 16:09

But I don't have a sore throat. .

Don't think my gargling brine would do Sylvia any good. She can do her own!