General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Duracell Bunny Cat

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tawny

Tawny Report 20 Jan 2019 19:29

Does anyone know how to handle a Duracell bunny cat? My cat Meg has no off switch. Meg is now 17 months old and is like the Duracell bunny constantly wanting to play with one toy whenever Mr Owl and myself are around. Mr Owl is now the scratch post for I want to play. Her litter sister Mog on the other hand also enjoys play but likes to sleep when she’s had enough. Does anyone else have ideas on how to deal with the Duracell bunny cat?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 20 Jan 2019 21:04

:-D :-D :-D :-D

George is a bit of a Duracell bunny.
He hares around the garden then comes in the cat-flap like a bat out of hell, runs up the stairs, down again, and tries to play fight with Betty - who doesn't want to know.

I keep telling him he's 12 and really should slow down a bit - but he doesn't appear to understand me :-(

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 21 Jan 2019 01:09

Hi Tawny

Isn't catnip supposed to calm cats down? I have had cats who do the mad dash hour but never went on forever!

Lizxx

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 21 Jan 2019 03:44

Catnip had the opposite effect on my daughter's 2 cats (brother and sister) ....... they just went bonkers at the slightest whiff.

Tawny

Tawny Report 21 Jan 2019 05:38

Thank you all for replying. Meg is one of the cats who doesn’t react to catnip. I have no idea what to do other than remove the offending toy or limit play time with it and then hide it.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 21 Jan 2019 07:21

George was a lot calmer before his brother had to be put to sleep 2 years ago, and in that time, he has learnt a new word - it's 'upstairs'.
Because Betty doesn't want to get involved in his 'antics', when he got to the stage of 'stalking' her, and George decided to ignore my requests for him to stop, I started ushering George towards the stairs - say 'upstairs' then I'd close the door.
He can actually open this door from the stair side, but he knows when I'm not too happy. :-(
Now, I don't have to close the door, and just say 'upstairs'. He rushes up - and doesn't come down until he's calmer.
I didn't actually believe this happened - until he did it when a friend was here - and witnessed it!

Sharron

Sharron Report 22 Jan 2019 11:59

I had Tommy who was very dignified and a bit irascible and Idi who had been abused think.

One night, Idi was on a high and was just out to wind everybody up. Tommy eventually hid behind the curtain to avoid him. Of course, Idi just carried on regardless, jumping him until Tommy beat him up. He gave him the hiding of his life!

Idi came to hide behind my leg, in fact, he slept behind my legs all night because OH was on a night shift. I noticed that one of the pupils on Idi's eye didn't move which immediately shouted nerve damage.

Much flapping about, making emergency vet appointment and it turned out that my big black tom cat had a black eye!

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 22 Jan 2019 14:18

When I first read the title of this thread I thought "That's not right, it's not the Duracell bunny, it's the Energizer Bunny"
I had to google to find out that in Britain you have the Duracell bunny but in US and Canada it's the Energizer bunny. Evidently when Duracell neglected to renew the trademark the Energizer Company stole it. The bunnies aren't identical but similar.
Just a bit of trivia that's completely useless!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 Jan 2019 17:19

Margaret ...............

I had the same thought!