General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Stupid woman and blankets!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Feb 2019 11:49

My cat, Jacky Milburn has slept in baskets I have, generally ones that are too small to accommodate him, so I have sorted through a lot of stuff and made a large one available to him. He has slept in it and he fits beautifully so I have used up some wool and knitted him a blanket.

Once the first blanket was in the basket was only suitable for bottom washing purposes before sleeping on the sofa. Now the second blanket is in, the basket is far too cramped to get in at all!

I am wondering if Fred is reincarnated!

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 Feb 2019 12:07

They certainly have their own agenda
I have a cats bed in the lounge .and one on the upstairs landing outside my bedroom

Mr Tibbs ignores both nearly all the time and takes up sleeping on the back of one leather armchair

He often sleeps too on the big bathroom rug so getting up in the night could be a problem

Last evening I was ready for bed but couldn't see him

Called him in from the garden.no sign
Looked in the kitchen because he sometimes takes up abode on the window ledge
Nope !!
Went upstairs looked all round. No sign.

It was 11.45 and I really wanted my bed
So did the rounds again

Second time I suddenly see him
He was curled up asleep on my black leather office chair and as he is mostly black with a white bib and socks he blended into the black leather

I said oh there you are !!
He opened one eye and didn't stir and just ignored me

Tabitha

Tabitha Report 8 Feb 2019 12:41

Our Adopted cat (All black) Adopted us, we passed all his tests and 2 months later he took permanent residence with us. Sleeps mostly where he wants to, not where we would like .

I purchased a lovely warm, soft cat bed for him that winter, he took one look and left it alone. In the very warm summer he decided he might try it out one lunch time.

He stalked the bed - circled it a couple of times - prodded it and then jumped in it. Padded about - pulled the cushion - prodded it some more and sat in it. We thought thats good .

After an hour or 2 he decided to jump out of it - but his claw was caught in the side of the bed. - as he jumped out the bed flipped right over on top of him.

Husband and i in fits of laughter but trying to be quiet as no cat likes you laughing at him.

All of a sudden this lovely soft purple basket started to slowly move across the floor upside down - with an awful lot of hissing and cat swearing from inside - then it stopped again. One little black paw came out the side - followed by another and a small black furry face . Then he squeeze the rest of him out.

Once out he circled the upside down basket again hissing turned and did a double kick with his back legs at the basket. Walked off with head and tail in air & left the room.

When i picked myself up off the sofa and stopped laughing. I picked up the basket and moved it back - he has never been inside it since that we know of.

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 Feb 2019 12:45

I put a newspaper on top of the blankets and he spent the night in the basket.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 9 Feb 2019 23:31

Typical contrariness! Must be Fred back to antagonise you, Sharron!

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 9 Feb 2019 23:38

One of my Cats Touchwood sleeps with the Butler
Steve the boy cat sleeps with the dog Dobby
and Scarlett my other cat sleeps in my arms like a baby :-D