General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Vera Reynolds

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Terence

Terence Report 14 Feb 2019 18:41

In 1960 I was married and Vera was one of my bridesmaid's. We are next year celebrating our 60th anniversary and if I can find her it would be great. e bot attended Millbank Sec Mod School. I don't know what happened to her as we lost touch. My Husband is Terry and I am Beryl

If anyone can help I would be grateful

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 14 Feb 2019 18:58

Congratulations on your forthcoming 60th wedding anniversary.

To give us some idea, which year & where was she likely to have been born? Can you recall if she had any siblings we can cross-reference with?

There's a birth reg for a Vera E Reynolds in 1939, Bethnal Green. Possible or not? Even if her family were living in London when you wed, if she was born during WW2, her expectant mother may have been evacuated elsewhere.

Choccy

Choccy Report 14 Feb 2019 19:31

Have sent a message to Beryl with a possible address for Vera. Of course, it may not be her :-(

Terence

Terence Report 14 Feb 2019 20:38

as we were in the same class at school I would guess at her being born in 1939 I was in May that year. She did have a sister though I do not remember her name. I was living in Clerkenwell when I married and Vera I believe was living close to Millbank Secondary Modern School

Cant remember much else but thanks for contacting me

Choccy

Choccy Report 14 Feb 2019 21:18

It looks as though the Vera Reynolds born in 1939 had a sister Valerie born in 1937.

It looks as though that Reynolds family were living in Lansdowne Drive, Hackney in the 50s and 60s. Where was Millbank Secondary School?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 14 Feb 2019 22:38

If Choccy has sent the address for a Michael H & Vera Evelyn, it looks as if they still live there.

Although we usually suggest writing, they are listed in the on-line phone book

https://www.thephonebook.bt.com/person/

Use the surname you would have been given, and the postcode. If you do decide to give them a ring, do bear in mind that they may be hard of hearing, or consider your call a 'scam'.

Terence

Terence Report 15 Feb 2019 05:26

Millbank School was in the area called Millbank actually built on the site of Millbank Prison she was definitely living there in 195a and I believe still there in 1960. So I feel that this lady is possibly not the one I am looking for.. Thanks for helping