General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Getting fizzical

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 23 Mar 2019 12:59

Just today I was prodded back to the 1960s while going through ancient paperwork and general grot. I even found a half dozen bottles (empty ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nue8j_52M6Q
https://www.doyouremember.co.uk/memory/corona-soft-drinks?page=11

It was just the thing for making ice cream sundaes. :-)

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 23 Mar 2019 13:26

A staple of childhood - I do wonder what was in those 'flavourings' and 'colourings' :-)

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 23 Mar 2019 14:39

I liked their dandelion and burdock and ginger beer. :-D

Our Corona man delivered on Fridays. :-D

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 23 Mar 2019 15:19

Pat,
I liked that too.
I'm old enough to remember when Corona bottles had the wired tops.We didn't have regular deliveries, but my grandmother in Wales always had a plentiful supply of 'pop for the children'.

A really special treat was a small amount of vanilla ice cream in a glass, topped up with American Cream Soda.

I have vague memories of being in a Corona club and being sent a card for my birthday.
We could wear our yellow and blue badge to show membership.

Does anyone else recall this?