General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

** Hello Again **

Page 0 + 1 of 6

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra 5 Apr 2019 23:30

This post has been requested for review

Madge

Madge Report 6 Apr 2019 08:40

Hello Barbra welcome back :-)

I only go on the sweep at work for the Grand National.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 6 Apr 2019 11:30

Morning Barbara.Havent been on much last couple of weeks but where has the Hello thread gone?
Have you started another one?

Chilly here and misty after the lovely sunny day yesterday.

Anyone looking in, have a good weekend

Florence in the hebrides

Barbra

Barbra Report 6 Apr 2019 11:48

********* Morning Beautiful sunny day I deleted last Thread but have my dues paid till August so will be around if anyone wants a chat or just say Hello .with my job years ago I had a bad fall I was a carer in the community loved it but cant garden really now apart from baskets & pots oh to be young again :-D still drive & potter about x do family history got back to 1800 in Ireland .& 1800 in Scotland .1700 in England off out with it being a nice day leave oh to his sport enjoy your weekend Bye for now Barbra :-) <3 :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Apr 2019 15:58

Hello Barbra, that was a shame to delete the other thread with all our chatting on it. This morning we had a good walk along the canal from Saul Junction (near Gloucester) To Frampton on Severn and back a total of just under four and a half miles. Our legs ached as none of us have done much walking for quite a while. We were with daughter and her OH who are down staying with us for the weekend.We had a coffee in the little cafe at Saul Junction before we walked then a glass of wine for Lyn and I, a coke for OH and a beer for Joe. had a late lunch when we got home. for our meal this evening it is a late Mothers' day treat, a meal at the Beefeater.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 6 Apr 2019 22:42

Oh that sounded a lovely day Ann. Hope you had a lovely meal later.

I was going to sort out all my flower pots as some are waterlogged and need repotting but today, its been chilly and damp and the wind biting cold.
I lit the stove this afternoon to warm up.
So I stayed in and spring cleaned my baking cupboard, never realised how messy it was.

Im nearly recovered from this swine flu(well they think that's what it was as several have it but couldn't get tested and too late now) but still have a very loose chesty cough so don't want to be outside in a draft.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone.

Still confused as to why the other thread was deleted but nevermind

Florence in the hebrides

Barbra

Barbra Report 10 Apr 2019 11:49

Good Morning .lovely sunny day a bit chilly last night .hope all is good with you whoever looks in Florence.AnnG.Joan.x local shops today .we are having a few days away OH 78 on Monday so decided to visit family & see sons & catch up with Neices as of School with Easter Holidays .Okay Take Care All enjoy your weekend see you soon x Barbara x
:-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Apr 2019 15:09

Enjoy your time away Barbra. florence, yes thanks the meal was lovely, we all enjoyed it, just a simple beefeater meal but so nice to eat it all together.

It is sunny here today, OH was up in the Cotswolds playing in a golf competition, I went to town on the bus. Just bought a light weight summer three quarter sleeved sweat shirt/top in Debenhams because I had a voucher for £3 and wanted to use it while I could.

Hope you are ok Joan and that it is sunny up there.

Barbra

Barbra Report 1 May 2019 15:00

Hello anyone looks in this is way down.x hope people are okay 1st May this year racing along .just been.potting hanging baskets & pots nice & colourful just now had Sunshine & Showers but mild .what you up to this weekend ( Bank holiday) haven't decided yet hope it stays fine for gardeners & day Trippers Bye For Now Barbara

Barbra

Barbra Report 1 May 2019 15:04

The site seems very slow apart for regular one on every day no one anything to say or are you all busy xx :-) :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 2 May 2019 19:48

Hello Joan .sorry to hear you are not to.well it's not nice getting older just look after yourself x hope your family are all okay .I can't do a lot outside just frightened of falling never thought would be like this .enjoy filling pots & hanging baskets sit outside and enjoy the fresh air .with having Lymphadema my arm aches so just do things in.short
Burst not moaning but do get frustrated .people worse than me at least I can still get out & Drive got my licence renewed for three years
2022 .see how I go on love driving 54 years now .Cheerio for now Barbara :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 May 2019 20:38

Hello all, sorry been in Devon and now Dorset and not on here a lot. Go home tomorrow. We have had a good twelve days time soon went.

Joan sorry you are still in pain, do you think you should see the doctor? It seems to have gone on a long time.

Barbra, have you fallen? If not why do you worry about falling. Nice to get the baskets and pots sorted, all we want now is warm weather. The forecast is for cold though :-(

Barbra

Barbra Report 4 May 2019 12:25

Hello All x a mixture of Sunshine & Showers today cold overnight a bit frosty. Yes Ann I have fallen twice on the back garden & off front door step if i turn to my left just go down. Vertigo apparently .Control it by being careful plus spondolosis in my neck .but hey i do alright :-D enough of me x Florence Joan Ann .enjoy your week end Take Care :-D :-D Barbara x
Safe journey Ann x

Barbra

Barbra Report 10 May 2019 12:12

Hello how is everybody lovely day will be busy doing pots & hanging baskets over the.weekend as have l got shopping OH I do live it up :-D Joan .Ann. Florence hope you are okay & family's .what you up to ? Bye for now Barbara .

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 May 2019 18:44

Hello all sun and cloud no rain today. Garden is looking good, we go to Wales tomorrow so by the time we get back we will need to redo the garden. Hanging baskets are all grouped on a table on the patio ready for our neighbour to water them, they look good so far. Speak soon.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 19 May 2019 20:30

Well good evening peeps.
I haven't been well at all hence my absence from the boards.
An emergency Echocardiogram has shown that my prolapse of the mitral valve has gone from moderate to severe.That was a shock!
I am now waiting to go and see the professor in a glasgow hospital with major heart surgery on the horizon.
I remain positive that the surgery can be avoided and so until I get told by the prof, I just carry on like I do.
Hope everyone else is keeping hale and hearty.
We had a cracking week last week weatherwise,.Sports day was brilliant for a change!

Its really been a wet, damp day today and rain with low temps for the rest of the week.
Oh well back to normal for us.
Take care

Florence in the hebrides

Barbra

Barbra Report 19 May 2019 20:51

Hello Florence
sorry to see you are not well must have been a shock good to see you posting please look after your self.weather changeable after a.good.spell of.sunshine stay positive
Barbara
:-D :-D x

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 20 May 2019 03:12

Sorry you have been so poorly, Florence. I hope you can get by without surgery. Do take care of yourself .

Same goes for everyone on here, take care and stay as well as you can.

Lizxx

Florence61

Florence61 Report 22 May 2019 19:50

Good evening peeps.
Thanks Barbara and Liz for your good wishes.
Unfortunately deep down I think I know that major heart surgery is going to happen, I just find it all a bit surreal!

Been a damp and cold day here today and Im already in my dressing gown keeping cosy.
I transplanted some seedlings at the weekend into larger pots but for now they are staying on my coffee table in the lounge as if I put them outside now, they will not survive.Looks like a greenhouse in here..lol
The sun when its out in the afternoon streams through the window and its so warm and great for the plants.

Hope everyone else is ok.
have a good evening
Florence in the hebrides

Barbra

Barbra Report 23 May 2019 14:02

Hello Florence good to see you posting take care we have had a good long spell of Sunshine but chilly winds I am okay been potting up a bit .can't do a.lot in the garden.. Any one.else look in hello. Bye For Now Barbara :-)