General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Afternoon tea

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 Apr 2019 21:08

We have tried one or two of the afternoon tea experiences that are on offer but I always feel that they are a bit cake heavy and I would prefer to have more sandwiches than cake.

What do you think?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Apr 2019 22:36

It’s a matter of personal taste. If it’s an either or for a snack we go for the savouries/sandwiches. Cake, for us, is a welcome treat.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 15 Apr 2019 22:36

I agree - afternoon tea should be tea, cake and sandwiches!

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 Apr 2019 22:41

It is usually sandwiches, scones and cake and I would rather forgo either the cake or the scone for another sandwich.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 15 Apr 2019 22:55

Well, you could grab OH's sandwich! :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 Apr 2019 23:02

The Crown Jewels would be easier.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 15 Apr 2019 23:16

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Madge

Madge Report 15 Apr 2019 23:35

My sister invited me out for afternoon tea last year. One of her daughters had brought it her for Mothers day "Afternoon tea for 4 people" so she invited 2 of her daughters the other declined hence my invite.

We arrived at the local hotel and was show in a bar where there was a stag party in full flow it was 2pm. I complained I am no prude but was sick of hearing the swearing and smutty talk. Anyway we were moved to the restaurant, sandwich's and fancy cakes we had plenty to eat pots of tea and coffee, some food was leftover. About 3:30pm all full up the waitress said are you ready for your Prosecco ? My niece said she did not buy that package ,anyway one niece was driving and my sister does not drink, so me and the other niece drank it. By 4:15PM we were looking to join the stag do but they had moved on, so did we. I will not bore with the rest of the details but my other sister and nieces joined us and we rolled home drunk as a mop at 1:30am after spending the evening dancing to the Bay City Rollers in a local working men's club.

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 Apr 2019 23:38

Now, that WAS an afternoon tea!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Apr 2019 00:05

Definitely my sort of afternoon tea too :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 16 Apr 2019 00:12

You could have my prosecco and could I swap a cake for a cheese sandwich please?

Caroline

Caroline Report 16 Apr 2019 11:50

with or without pickle Sharron :-D :-D

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 16 Apr 2019 12:13

My daughter also complains about lack of sandwiches - and cake ;-)

Size 6 and eats for England :-0