General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Recycling, re-purposing

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 May 2019 15:33

You know you have it bad when throwing out two old frying pans, you take off the handles and wonder for ages what you can do with the pan part rather than it go to landfill.

Any ideas?

What odd item have you managed to reuse as something else? :-)

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 4 May 2019 15:43

You could put them in an odd corner of the garden, fill with water and let the birds use them as bird baths.

I'm not very inventive so I can't remember recycling much in my time!

Kath. x

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 May 2019 15:47

I thought of that Kath but as I have cats it's difficult for birds here ( not to say fatal!) also because the non-stick is coming off I thought it might contaminate the water?

All I have come up with so far is to use them as 'saucers' under pots.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 4 May 2019 16:37

Put aside with the rest of accumulating bulk rubbish. On the next dump-run put the pans in the metal recycling skip.

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 May 2019 16:40

I think that will probably be it DetEcTive, we always have something to go there, at the moment 2 bags of broken fence panel.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 4 May 2019 16:52

Why not use them as Bird feeders with seeds/Balls on them put in the branches of a tree you can reach.

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 May 2019 17:07

No trees that solid unfortunately Sue, and the ones that are there (outside the garden) the cat zooms up in an instant. He watches the magpies with interest and they watch him back :-)

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 4 May 2019 17:22

There are recycling places for metal. Try this

https://www.recyclenow.com/local-recycling?rlw-materials=27&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkvT7qqOC4gIVVuDtCh1PDgSGEAAYAiAAEgI8K_D_BwE

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 May 2019 18:18

We've got one quite near Andysmum it's just a case of when son's friend has time to drive over there for us , at least till son passes his driving test -)

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 4 May 2019 22:20

Could you line it with foil and use as an oven dish? Probably best for pizza or similar. I had a couple of similar state milk pans, used them to bake bread.

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 May 2019 22:28

That might be a good idea grannyfranny, thankyou :-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 May 2019 23:32

...or a 'saucer' for a very large plant pot :-D