General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Newspaper Obituary Query

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CasCas

CasCas Report 8 May 2019 22:32

Hello. Long shot but I searched for an obituary on google and saw one that had been printed in the Manchester Evening News but can only see a few lead words. When I click on the link it takes me to the Legacy site but when I search for the lady in question it doesnt come up.

Is there anyone who can find the obituary anywhere else please?
The lady in question was Florence Brown 'Flo' nee Dodds wife of late Peter Brown, formerly of Tameside area. Possibly passed away around 2015 but I cant be certain of that as I cant see the full obituary.

Im trying to find the full wording on the obituary if possible

Thankyou
Cass

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 May 2019 22:51

When I looked, it appears you have to 'add to chrome' to see old obituaries.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 May 2019 22:51

Have you tried creating an account? Iannounce used to be easy to use but now seems to have been incorporated into Legacy.com.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 May 2019 22:58

It’s shown in full on https://funeral-notices.co.uk/

Florence Brown ‘Flo’ Nee Dodds Passed away peacefully in hospital on Wednesday 7th January 2015 formerly of Hattersley, Flo aged 84 years beloved Wife of the late Peter..........
......Flo will be very sadly missed by all. Family flowers only please donations preferred to the Dementia Society. The funeral service and committal is to take place at Dukinfield Crematorium. Time and date to be Confirmed

Published in: Manchester Evening News.
Published from: January 15, 2015.
Region: North West

Not copied in full as there lots of relatives names mentioned. Hope there’s enough info for you to find it yourself

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 May 2019 22:59

Hope this works https://tinyurl.com/yyvt8es2

CasCas

CasCas Report 9 May 2019 13:55

Thankyou ever do much gor the info.

Dorry for the late reply. I posted that rather late ladt night.

Very much appreciated!
Rehards
Cassie :-D

CasCas

CasCas Report 10 May 2019 20:57

Thanks Detective - its the family members names I was seeking but I shall look them up now. Thankyou.