General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Newport Transporters

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 17 May 2019 17:38

Hi,Does anyone that lives near Newport that knows of a company that can/will transport something heavy fron an Auction house to West YORKSHIRE.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 17 May 2019 18:17

I can't help, but which Newport is that?

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 17 May 2019 18:26

I Should have put SHROPSHIRE

Rambling

Rambling Report 17 May 2019 18:34

I live near the Newport auction, they do have a 'man with a van' but charge quite a bit even locally. Best bet might be to try one of the national removal firms see if they will store until they can bring it up your way as a part load?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 May 2019 18:36

There’s plenty of road haulage companies listed on Yell.com or were you thinking more of a man (or 2) and a Van?

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 18 May 2019 13:05

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 18 May 2019 14:38

Try these people. They have members all over the country and excellent reviews.

We had 5 large Victorian chimney pots (very heavy) which we bought on line from a place in Yorkshire and needed them delivered to the West of Scotland. Much to our astonishment the delivery firm was based in London, but they spent a week driving round the country, picking up and delivering as they went, and the price was very reasonable. A lot less than the firms nearest the pick-up point.

As you will see you can get an instant quote on their website - in fact, if I remember correctly, we got several quotes and could choose the one that suited us best. Anyway, good luck!

https://www.anyvan.com/man-and-van

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 18 May 2019 16:02

Thanks Andysmum will give them a try