General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

election leaflets

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 May 2019 10:55

have you had any?

Just picked up the post and yet again son has had a UKIP leaflet specifically addressed to him. I've had none from them so I'm guessing they are hoping for the young, male vote. On a hiding to nothing in this house. :-)

Nothing from anyone else other than Labour.

I did the think the 2 ladies who just knocked might be canvassers, and so they were I suppose, but for the JWs.

I shall totter my weary way to vote tomorrow. But I wish it would all go away lol.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 22 May 2019 11:00

Had lots and they have all gone into the recycling without being read.

Same here Rose just had a knock on the door 2 blokes thought they were canvassing but they were JW;s

Allan

Allan Report 22 May 2019 11:08

Just recovering from a Federal Election here in Oz.

One of the voting slips, for the Senate, was over a metre in length :-S

One Party, which didn't get one candidate into either house, spent over sixty million dollars on advertising :-0

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 May 2019 11:13

Just looked and all parties are running, for the 7 MEP places in this area, W Midlands. I wouldn't guess who will go through, not even sure of my own vote lol.

The cat is not impressed with it all as the polling cards were on the sideboard and dropped off onto his head when the wind caught them...I feel a bit like that myself lol.

Allan

Allan Report 22 May 2019 11:16

At least polling cards here are only given out at polling stations :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 22 May 2019 11:33

OH (French) registered and so she will be able to vote.
Lots of leaflets ... I always keep a few to use as weapons against the publishers at a later date.

Quite how people can complain about rules from Brussels ( many of which are derived from UN agencies / WTO not Brussels anyway ) and then not vote is beyond me. Electing the Farage tendency / sitting with the extremists is the same thing. Would you hire a drunk to drive the bus?

The new Australian govt will be an interesting exercise in political will power v reality. Reality will win - it alweays does - as Australia's luck runs out.

Kense

Kense Report 22 May 2019 12:06

The sinister thing about the Brexit party is that they are not bringing out their manifesto until after the election. Then their supporters will find out what they have voted for.

Political parties are much more into targeting votes these days, so if you haven't had any material, it is probably because they know you are not likely to vote for them, or because your constituency is not likely to return any members of their party.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 22 May 2019 12:53

Same as Sue, unread and in the bin.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 22 May 2019 13:12

In the case of one certain party, taken out of their hand and put in the recycle under their nose. :-|

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 22 May 2019 14:40

In the bin! I'm sick of the lot of them. Most couldn't lie straight in bed.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 22 May 2019 15:11

We've had at least one from each party, and one each from Brexit party and Lib Dems. Not one told us what they intend to do if they get elected - I don't think they know!!

I looked at them all and then binned them. As is usual here for all elections, the lamp posts have SNP stickers on them, but nobody else has bothered.

Dermot

Dermot Report 22 May 2019 17:36

Experienced politicians are good at answering questions without actually answering them - if that makes sense & can even proceed further by answering another question not yet raised.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 22 May 2019 21:38

Most of those I've received are Brexit leaflets.
I shall put them in an envelope, and send them back - without a stamp.
I'm sure Aaron Banks can afford that!

Harswell

Harswell Report 22 May 2019 22:27

In answer to Rollo ''Would you hire a drunk to drive a bus?'The EU has, Drunkard himself, the hater of the British.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 22 May 2019 22:55

Andys mum....same here.Have only seen SNP on lampposts.
I had several leaflets through the letterbox and they all went in the paper bin.

Florence in the hebrides

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 23 May 2019 07:51

One word.

Bin.

:-D

Dermot

Dermot Report 23 May 2019 08:28

Another word:

Recycle.

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 23 May 2019 09:04

As this vote is for MEP's mine will be based purely on my thoughts regarding whether to remain in or leave the EU. I am not sure that come the next General Election I will be voting for the same party as today :-)

I did have a few bits through the post - Conservative, Brexit and Greens - but I suppose as nobody really expected us to be taking part in this election nobody was prepared :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 23 May 2019 10:32

Well we def. thought that the EPPE elections would take place which is why my OH (French) registered as a EU citizen well in advance ( she has to do this on top of usual registration.

The LibDems had prepared and organised for these elections not believing in unicorns or incantations from the Tory chief witch. The assistant witch has run away.

For good measure I expect the UK MEPs to take up their seats ( or take the money and stay at home which is Farage's style ). The UK won't "brexit" this side of the summer holidays if it ever does.

How some of the Tory and Lab. politicians can go on TV and deliver such obvious packs of lies with a straight face I know not.

Nothing better is expected of Farage who as usual is busy explaining where his party's funds are coming from. If his explanation of thousands of PayPal accounts shelling out £ 499 fails to pass muster then all "Brexit Party" wins will be voided and the votes passed to the next in line with a de Honte recount. That would see the LibDems go top. The poss. of this happening is fairly high though an early decision is not expected.

Hey ho.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 23 May 2019 16:34

We have had many more leaflets for today's election than for the local ones.

I had one addressed to me, daughter didn't get one.
Someone said leaflets are sent to the name in the household, which comes first in the alphabet, but I don't know if that's always the case.

I will have a read through and probably vote later.