General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

TV is not getting any better

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Madge

Madge Report 22 May 2019 21:04

is it ...anyone watching a series that I have missed that they recommend? Why are there so many repeats?

I am spending more and more now reading :-(

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 22 May 2019 21:06

Even if you don't garden the Chelsea Flower show can't be beaten

Madge

Madge Report 22 May 2019 21:08

Is it on at tea Sue, I am normally just in then and cooking tea.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 May 2019 21:09

What genre do you prefer?

Madge

Madge Report 22 May 2019 21:18

well.........I like a good muder mystery but nothing that makes you think really hard, not to gruesome and scary.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 May 2019 21:26

Cardinal, BBC4 broadcasts on a Saturday. It’s in Canadian English. 4 of 6 episodes have been aired.

Added - when that finishes this weekend, we’ve got an idea that Montalbano will replace it. Italian detective series set in Sicily with English subtitles.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 May 2019 21:30

Bletchley Circle - San Francisco series 3. Period drama post WW2. Not as good as the original UK version but not bad. ITV

Madge

Madge Report 22 May 2019 21:32

we watch the Bletchley Circle Det and I agree not as good as the first one in the UK

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 23 May 2019 08:07

If you fancy mature eye candy, then the George Gently series is good.

Good detective tales that are not too taxing or gory.

Inspector Lynley Mysteries are not bad either.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 23 May 2019 10:41

Fargo, Cardinal excellent usually available on one of the Sky/Virgin catch uo channels.

In the wake of the row with VM the BBC has bought UKTV and will def. make a lot of stuff available outside of the UK (for a fee). Whether (as a member of YouView) the BBC will use the purchase to spruce up Freeserve is being asked. Prob. not.

Madge

Madge Report 23 May 2019 21:42

Motowm Gal I have watched all the George Gentley series at least 3 times over love them. Funny enough I got one of the books and found George Gentely a totally different character than in the TV Series and I have a little crush on GG .... I used to really enjoy Foyles war as well. I like Vera but I think they are getting very samey.

Thanks RTR and Det I will give a try Cardinal a try. :-D

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 24 May 2019 07:56

Good taste Madge!

Kavanagh QC is going to be repeated on Drama in the next few weeks, with John Thaw. Don't know if that will be of interest.