General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Would of been our BC's birthday on 17th June

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Madge

Madge Report 18 Jun 2019 18:01

Still expect her to turn up on here and salute smarty or be chewing her toast thoughfully or licking the tip of her pencil. She would be 84 now always be my original Ab Fab Gal miss her so much <3 <3

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 18 Jun 2019 18:05

<3 <3

She was sooooooo funny x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Jun 2019 18:06

<3 <3

Madge

Madge Report 18 Jun 2019 18:10

She was very funny Sue I will never forget when she told me what a disappointment I was when I learnt to spell ;-)

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 18 Jun 2019 18:15

Daff's birthday this month too. They both had the quality of laughing at themselves (and us) x

Madge

Madge Report 18 Jun 2019 18:17

Aww Daff those lovely eyes she always reminded me of a young Liza Manelli , had some great times with Daff as well on here and in person and Mr Daff :-D

Thank you Ann <3

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 18 Jun 2019 18:21

Fond memories of them both <3 <3

Rambling

Rambling Report 18 Jun 2019 18:23

Remembering conversations with both BC and Daff <3

Madge

Madge Report 18 Jun 2019 18:32

BC told some fantastic stories of London in the 60's I am suprised she remembered them ;-)

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 18 Jun 2019 18:50

I met BC at one of the London Meets. She told me she was a little old lady.

Nothing of the kind. A smart, sassy lady full of laughter. <3 <3

Madge

Madge Report 18 Jun 2019 19:08

I used to love peoples reactions at meets when they met BC .I had this image of her being a little Irish old lady who shuffled a long dragging her tartan shopping trolly with her wearing odd shoes heading to meet Seamus ( who was very real) at the Seamans mission, she played along.This was long before I met her, she was as tall as me and she was very elegant, she was pure class. <3

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 18 Jun 2019 19:32

That is exactly right Madge. :-D :-D She had me fooled until I met her. <3

Sharron

Sharron Report 18 Jun 2019 20:17

And he was in love with Fred. I dread to think what those two might be up to together.

Mersey

Mersey Report 19 Jun 2019 18:48

<3 <3

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 19 Jun 2019 20:46

A wonderful Friend sadly missed :-( :-( :-(

Madge

Madge Report 20 Jun 2019 08:32

Thank you Mersey <3

She was indeed Joy , she would be sad to see what this site has become :-(

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 Jun 2019 08:43

Lovely lady ,met her many times at London Meets

She loved her beautiful scarfs she wore draped over one shoulder

Was always happy and chatty

Her loss was a big shock , she was so upbeat about her condition and having treatment that she was oh well !! about it

She was a really classy lady

Madge

Madge Report 20 Jun 2019 09:08

Shirley when I used to ask her about treatment and the next steps she would tell me exactly what she wanted too and say " and thats that" in other words do not ask me anything else end of conversation......my sister and I with our husbands had booked a couple of nights in London mainly to see a show, she asked if I would be calling for Sunday lunch I said will call but not for lunch just for a cup of tea, she told me I will have to find my own way to her house. I was so excited when I rang the door bell as I found my own way and very proud. Of course she made us very welcome. She had brought tetley tea bags and a couple of cans of best bitter I think she thought we married to a couple of dockers and I swear checked out their heads and feet for flat caps and clogs. :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 Jun 2019 09:10

Madge
What a lovely memory

She really was one of a kind <3

Madge

Madge Report 20 Jun 2019 09:40

Thank you Shirley <3