General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wow oh wow

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 Jun 2019 08:02

What a palaver trying to renew my subs

Tried the renew box and put in new card details but no submit box and then no money taken session expired message

Tried upmteen times zilch

Went into Facebook and posted the problem to get told to email support

Had tried that but it said I had to be paid member to send message

But tried again and it seemed to go through but not received any response

On top of that yesterday I had what seemed to be a scam phone call from my credit card fraud dept with a message to ring a number,Yer Right!!!!

I googled the number and it was correct so went through the automated questions till it asked for the security number it had left in the message which I hadn’t got as I had put the phone down on the original call

Bingo this morning all of a sudden the subscribe was different and I was bingo I can renew only to get told payment was declined

Soooo back to the credit card fraud dept this morning and yes they had blocked the card because of numerous attempts by genes to take the money even though it hadn’t renewed the sub cos there was no way of me submitting the new card details on the site

What a palaver but have got there finally and you have to put up with me for another year ,lol :-D :-P

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Jun 2019 09:51

I suppose the consolation is that the fraud department did a good job. Beats me why Genes didn’ email you with the problem.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 20 Jun 2019 09:54

Because that would require a person Ann ;-) :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 20 Jun 2019 10:03

I had a new card and had trouble renewing this year to
But its all sorted now :-D :-D

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 20 Jun 2019 11:56

I have had this problem, but last time I had a new card I did what someone else suggested (can't remember who) and did nothing. On the date of expiry I had an email from Genes with a space for new card details!! Bingo - it worked like a dream, although I admit I was a bit worried about losing my discounted sub.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 Jun 2019 12:49

Yes I had the message from genes saying they couldn’t renew cos my card had expired

And this was only in the messages that I saw by chances as no email came through to my inbox or junk or whatever telling me I had an email from genes

It was trying to do the renewal with the same card but new expiry date that I had all the problems

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 20 Jun 2019 13:11

Andys mum you have 4 weeks to renew to keep your discount :-D