General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

yer really

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maddie

Maddie Report 3 Jul 2019 13:29

Council Tax Credits and Refunds - GOV.UK -([email protected]) no/3144039/85251 7/2/2019 1:24:42 p.m.
Service Customer
Tue 02/07/2019 14:24 ###########

Personal tax: Income Tax - GOV.UK
Pending Tax Refund
City Council Customer - Secured E-mail -

We would like to notify you that you still have an outstanding tax refund of 465.84 GBP from overpaid tax from year ending 2018,despite our previous letters regarding your refund we are yet to receive your claim.
Requests for refunds are time limited please use the link below to complete your claim online also note the following:

Reference No: 6819080/TAX51158-UKxcw
We can only process a refund for the tax year we have detailed above
You have until the 7/03/2019 to make your claim ##########

Start Claim ?

City Council(@City Councilgovuk).

Regards, charlie gummer

another scam

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 3 Jul 2019 15:20

Haven't had that one yet. It looks American - the date and time of sending and, also, I guess most British people know that Council Tax is not dealt with by the government.

Our most "popular" one at the moment is apparently from BT and says that as the bill hasn't been paid our email account will be cut off in 24 hours. To avoid this we must click the link to update our bank details !!!!!!! Even OH, who still believes everyone is as honest as he is, has learnt that this is a scam.

Maddie

Maddie Report 3 Jul 2019 17:50

keep getting automated phone calls re bt and my borad band being cut off, don't have bt broadband

they are such a pain

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 3 Jul 2019 18:11

I had a call today, allegedly from HMRC, automates, sounding like an alien from a bad film.
Apparently, I owed tax, and had to press '1'.
If I didn't, police would be around to arrest me!

...what police?

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 3 Jul 2019 21:00

the chipboard ones...

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 4 Jul 2019 11:12

Latest one from Virgin Media claims billing details have expired and requesting all details and card number etc. Virgin has confirmed this is definitely a scam

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 4 Jul 2019 12:38

I have had calls from BTs for month I am not with BT either :-D :-D
They ask you to press 1 dont its a premium line
and they keep you on the phone ages

somebody I know got a bill for £38 By been daft enough to press it :-( :-(