General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

RIP Eva Kor

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 7 Jul 2019 15:13

"Eva Kor, survivor of Mengele, dies during annual trip to Auschwitz"

...."Kor also said that for her, combatting the racial prejudice that can lead to genocide is as simple as “treating each other with respect and fairness”.

“That doesn’t take big laws, that doesn’t take any government,” she added.

https://tinyurl.com/y56ga2rn

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 7 Jul 2019 15:58

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/world-war-two/12111155/Why-I-forgive-the-Nazis-who-murdered-my-family.html

The extended family of my wife's mother was detained at Drancy, Paris in 1941. Her mother was just lucky being elsewhere during the raids. She survived but died young as a result of her ww2 experiences. My OH , as with many, probably most, French Jews has not been able to even edge towards forgiveness. Ongoing modern day hostile actions do not help.

Thomas Moult, poet, was a close friend and distant relative of our family and much influenced my younger years against revenge and bitterness.

I am much afraid that BoJo's movement - it can hardly be called the C&U Party - will really break out once they have found their own Horst Wessel. T May's "hostile environment" has sown the dragon's teeth.