General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

panic for nothing

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 10 Jul 2019 03:30

I made an appointment with my doctor for June 28 to get a whole slew of repeat prescriptions issued, that was about 3 weeks before I would run out of at least 3 of my regular ones.

Our doctor, like most over here, insists that you see him when you need a repeat prescription, then it's given to you with 3 or 4 refills (ie, 12 month supply). No asking the pharmacist to contact the doctor when you need a new one. A sign says there is a $20 (~£10) fee if you do attempt it.

I like to phone for that kind of appointment well in advance of when I actually need the new scripts, then I get a choice of time for appointment ;-)

So, yesterday morning was the day to take the form into the pharmacist to get 3 new ones plus one refill of a prescription that they still had on hold.

Panic when I realised that one medication had been forgotten ........... it was on my list that I gave the doctor, but both of us missed that it was not on the script when he asked me to check.

I would run out in 5 days time, hardly time to get an appointment with him.

When I phoned, the receptionist was really calm, and told me to just contact the pharmacist, explain what had happened, and ask her to fax the doctor's office for a new prescription. The receptionist would then take it to the doctor, explain what had happened, and I would get my new script.

I can pick the medication up tomorrow. :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 10 Jul 2019 03:38

It's a worry when medications are missed off Sylvia, my friend has had that happen a few times, and being housebound reliant on carers to pick up has led to them having to chase around on her behalf, with I have to say not much care from pharmacy or doctor.

I'm glad you got it sorted :-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 10 Jul 2019 05:38

Rose ....... I was really really surprised when she told me to get hold of the pharmacist and get him to ask for a new prescription.

I really believed that they did not do that!

It's the first time that it has happened to me, but it was also the first time that I asked for so many all at the same time!