General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can i add photos for ID ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 12 Jul 2019 16:59

It is ages since i did any work on my tree and have a photo of someone who I would like to identify. I have a few vague details but there are so many boards now that I am not sure of the best way to go about this.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thank you

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Jul 2019 21:39

Susan, upload the photo to your keepsafe.
Hover your cursor over the image and select Edit.
To the right of the screen you'll see a section that says Privacy.
Select Shared with everyone.
Save.

You can then copy the url to paste it on to the thread, ideally on the appropriate board. don't worry to much if it ends up on the 'wrong' one. Don't bother with Suggestions as virtually no one looks at it.

This is the url of a photo previously shared with everyone. Make sure yours is the same format. You do have to remember to click on the photo from your keepsafe so that the url leads only to that.

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/details/18726013