General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Partial Lunar Eclipse

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 16 Jul 2019 21:26

Perfectly cloudless so far this morning and I saw the start of the eclipse, and will continue to watch every so often.

We will see the entire event in WA and it's due to end around 6.00am

Getting up early to post on this site does come with some advantages :-D :-D :-D

Kense

Kense Report 16 Jul 2019 22:18

We can see a partial eclipse here. The moon is looking very orange at the moment.

Allan

Allan Report 16 Jul 2019 22:21

Kense, the Eastern States in Oz will have a better view than here in the West due to the moon illusion, but wont see the entire event.

The moon, what there is of it, appears just a s medium silver ball from where I'm observing it

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Jul 2019 22:33

OH has gone outside with his camera after hearing about it on the 10pm news. It’ll be interesting to see how they come out.

There’s possibly about 3/4 of it covered at the moment.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Jul 2019 22:33

Ok in the uk Gloucester area can anybody actually see a moon let alone a partial eclipse. Because we can’t.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Jul 2019 22:34

Light pollution or cloud?

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 16 Jul 2019 22:39

too cloudy in cambridgeshire, at the mo

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Jul 2019 22:42

No cloud but it must be a very low moon so out of sight. :-( :-(

Allan

Allan Report 16 Jul 2019 22:45

Almost like a crescent moon at the moment.

In my opening post I made a mistake with the end time which should be 0659

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Jul 2019 22:54

A couple of the photos look promising. Let’s hope it’s fulfilled once he’s uploaded them.

The ‘dark’ section had a slight reddish tint in contrast to the silver of the the visible part.

Ann, some you win, some you lose. There’s been times when we’ve been under cloud when other areas have a good view.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Jul 2019 23:43

Lovely here - but couldn't see the moon from the house - too built up.
I was on the phone to the 'driver' (4th floor flat next to the Solent near Hythe in Hampshire), told him to look out of his window - yes he saw it :-|

Allan

Allan Report 16 Jul 2019 23:45

A lovely sight.

The eclipse is almost over, dawn is breaking and the birds have started their dawn chorus.

What a magnificent time of the day!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 17 Jul 2019 03:32

How lucky for you.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 17 Jul 2019 04:36

The sky was clear and the crescent shape of the moon shone brightly, when I went out to view.

I would have stayed out watching for longer, but the 'on guard' seagull on the rooftops sounded the alarm and others joined in, so out of consideration for the neighbours, I came indoors.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 17 Jul 2019 06:39

Saw it here but decided not to stay up as we've an early start today.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Jul 2019 09:05

When I looked at at 1am on a loo visit there was a lovely clear moon but it was much lower than earlier in the year which explained why2.5 hours before we couldn't see it. We have never yet managed to see eclipse or part eclipse.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 17 Jul 2019 19:55

When we were driving back from our day out in Pembrokeshire around 10ish, we saw the moon, large, orangey and a sort of crescent which looked slightly strange.

I had no idea it was an eclipse then. So we accidentally saw it :-D :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 17 Jul 2019 21:56

Accidents do happen, Jem :-D :-D :-D