General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

east end photos

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

stephen

stephen Report 20 Oct 2019 16:20

a lot of my ancestors originated from the Hoxton Shoreditch and Spitalfields area,if anyone has any original photos of the area ie streets pubs community etc would love to hear from you photos before the blitz would be great

greyghost

greyghost Report 20 Oct 2019 17:14

Stephen, it's unlikely that anyone with what you are looking for will happen by your request.

If you haven't done so already, google "old photos of ........... " and there will be sites shown with the sort of thing you're looking for.

Or "History of ............."

Rambling

Rambling Report 20 Oct 2019 18:10

If you haven't already seen it http://www.hoxtonkid.com/blog3/index.php/gallery/archive-images/

also try looking on Facebook groups, eg:

Memories of Hoxton, Shoreditch
Echoes of The East End

stephen

stephen Report 21 Oct 2019 18:57

Thank you for your suggestions usually those photos are taken by professional photographers I would like to see some authentic photos by amateurs families etc all the best

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 21 Oct 2019 19:44

Stephen ................

The reason why you are unlikely to get any response from GR members is that very small minority of them actually just browse on these community pages.

I should try Facebook, as Rambling suggested

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 21 Oct 2019 20:26

If you get the chance, visit Denis Sever's house in Spitalfields. Look it up for info on opening times.